or Connect

Posts by dimitroff03

I'm 17w today and initially lost 10lbs during my first trimester when I was super sick and not able to eat enough/keep enough down.  That was a really hard time and I lost my milk supply quite suddenly because of it so it wasn't a happy weight loss.   Since then I've come back up 6 lbs (yay!).  I've been trying to focus on healthy fats and foods in general.  Just want a nice big healthy babe!
Hi ladies! I'm 6w4d along and have been having insane nausea this week. Waaaayyy more than I ever had with my son. My question for you, is do you experience stomach pain along with your nausea? I've been feeling like I have a constant stomach ache that lasts about 75% of the day. I threw up for the first time tonight and it did seem that the pain and being sick were linked. My husband can't believe how much pain I seem to be in (compared to none with DS) so I just...
dimitroff03 - Sep 22 - #2 - thinking girl??
Just wanted to chime in that I had/have a big guy too. At 12 months he was 38lbs and 33 inches tall. At 24 months he was 49 lbs and 38 inches tall. Now at 33 months (3yrs in March) he's 43 lbs and 41 inches tall. So he didn't start to slim down until he hit 2 years. I should mention he's been breastfed this whole time - almost exclusively until about 18 months when he finally became interested in "real" food. But like the others have said, just focus on healthy foods...
I have been finding that my little guy is MUCH more likely to go to the toilet on his own (he's 32 months) when he's naked as opposed to wearing underwear and pants.  I think it may be in part because he's more aware of his body and some because it's easier for him to just hop up onto the toilet if he's already undressed.  If he is wearing underwear and pants it's usually me that takes him to the toilet (usually without objection) or he'll just go in his pants.   So...
Top toddler shows in our house (and reasons I like them): - Little Bear (overall peaceful, promotes creativity) - Harold and the Purple Crayon (imaginative, simple) - Zaboomafoo (teaches a lot about animals & exploration) I'm glad to have found this thread as I've been thinking a lot about what my son (2.5) is watching as well. His absolute favorite tv show is Wild Kratts on PBS. I love the show for many reasons and it is truly amazing how much my son has learned...
Hi motherhendoula.  I, too, am the mother of a future football player (as most strangers say...)  He's always been off the charts for weight and just about there for height.  He was 20lbs by 2 months, 30lbs by 6 months, and 38lbs at 12 months.  He turned 2 in March and was 50lbs and 38"...as tall as most 3 year olds we meet.  Especially in that first year and a half I can't tell you how many times I heard, "woah, he weighs more than my 4 or 5 or 6 year old!"  Yes, yes he...
  I definitely agree.  I've been thinking about this topic of food vs. breast milk lately too.  My son, now 26 months, was very slow to start eating solids and still does not eat nearly as much food as his peers do.  He nurses at least 6-10x during the day and usually 3-6x during the night.  Our situation is opposite of yours, however, in that he's always been off the charts on the high end for height and weight.  What I keep coming back to is trust.  Trust his body to...
My 25 month old had a bad reaction to something (I think soy related) yesterday and he had a really bad flare up - worse than he's had in a long time.  His rashes don't usually last for longer than 24 hours and sometimes only 12 but when he woke up this morning it was worse than the night before.  It's really bad on both sides of his face and chin, goes across his chest, down both arms, and it's on his thighs too.  It doesn't seem to be itchy but it looks awful.  Is...