or Connect

Posts by Isobel

My daughter is nearly 18 months old and it has been, and is (mostly!) still a joy breastfeeding her. I am totally pro infant-lead weaning but I am getting fed up with the constant feeding that I am doing at the moment. We do a feed when she wakes; if I’m lucky I can hold her off until lunchtime. Often at lunchtime (after a nap) when she should be having lunch all she will have is a breastfeed. Then she’s constantly wanting a feed all afternoon. Again we try and hold off...
My son was 3 in July. Normally he is a happy, intelligent, chatterbox who has lots of fun during his days at home with me. His sister was born this year on 14 Feb. He was prepared well for the birth, saw his sister born, and has been absolutely and utterly wonderful about her arrival since he first clapped eyes on her. He is a stubborn child and doesn't back down easily. In recent weeks he seems depressed almost and is butting heads with me over just about everything. In...
My son was 3 in July. We have preschool (here in England) too. Now, I wanted him to go in order that he would start leearning that he could be safe and cared for with other adults and to give him some experience with other children and perhaps the chance to make some friends who could become playdate fodder(!!). I do not want school proper to be a shock for him because he's had no preparation in any way to be away from me YET I do not agree that children should have to go...
I have PND. Basically, I feel I may be a candidate for anti-drepressants or other mind-altering drugs but am not keen to take anything if it is not safe when breastfeeding (my 7 month old who is teething and is bfeeding constantly but not eating solids hardly at all at the moment!!). Anyone have any information they could share with me on this??? Thanks, Isobel.
Yep, we bath with our son. We didn't used to but we moved to a house where our water is charged by the litre and so got really really water-conservative!! I nearly always bath with Thomas (he's 2 and 3/4 now) and sometimes then daddy gets in after and has his bath with Thomas. If I want a long soak on my own then he's happy to go in on his own. I think it's good fun to bath with him and to be matter of fact about bodies and so on. I certainly think the time will...
Hi, thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my posting. Not sure if you have Lactulose in the US but it is not a dairy product (sounds like it doesn't it?!!). In fact it is an inert type of carbohydrate that does not get absorbed by the bowel but which alters conditions in the bowel so that good flora and fauna can grow. It does this in such a way that the stool gets softened and the BMs can be easier to do and less easy to hold onto!! My son has been on this...
Hi, my son has been having problems poohing for a while now. He is 2.5 y/o. He has a good diet of home cooked food, plenty of fruit, plenty of fluids to drink and not too much cow's milk. He is managing to hang on to his poohs so that he only goes every 3 days and then does such a big one that he tears himself and bleeds. This is even now when he has been on 30ml of Lactulose a day to soften the stools. The physical diameter of the stools is such that he is stretching his...