or Connect

Posts by junipercedar

Hi Jennifer, My 14 month old son develops large swollen welts from mosquito bites.  The reaction usually lasts 24-48 hours, and he doesn't seem bothered by them.  They are usually around his mouth and eyes...the last one made his eye swell shut.  We have been using Herbal DEET free repellent which works for the most part and calendula gel for relief.  Will his body get used to them?  What can we do to either eliminate the bites (seemingly impossible since we spend a...
thank you, Linda!  Everything you said resonates with my intuitions!  I appreciate your knowledge and support! Lauren
We have co-slept since my son was born and are attachment parents.  Around 4 months we started putting him down by himself in the family bed and then joining him a couple hours later.  Since he's become mobile, we put a small mattress on the floor where he sleeps whenever we don't go to bed with him, then bring him to the family bed when we all go to sleep.  The problem is he has always woken up frequently (sometimes every 30 min!) until I just give up and go to bed with...
  Watching my lifeless daughter slide gracefully from my womb into the hands of my loving midwife was a painfully beautiful sight.  She was born in the caul, a term meaning she remained in her amniotic sack throughout the birth.  At that moment, I was hysterical with grief, anger, pride, love, you name it; I felt it.  In my heartache, I couldn’t look at her for more than a second until Jen called my attention to her hands; gracefully formed into a unique position. ...
Our family is a fan of Mothering...love that it is digital!  And we are a fan on FB as well!