or Connect

Posts by FarmerBeth

Most of this has been said, but FWIW I think he needed the structure removing the x-box provided because the OP's son wasn't showing he was ready to self regulate.  As has also been said, what might be better is a shorter period of restriction. Personally, when I've taken electronic privileges from my children over longer periods, they have behaved and spoken as if there wasn't much use in trying to improve school, work or social habits (fighting over media use has also...
My oldest boy is 13 right now and my daughter is nearly 12, so not quite a teen.  I had this conversation about girls as they age compared to boys with my mother just last week after feeling all confused about my daughter's moody outburst.  My mother said she thought the difficulty had more to do with what it's like between a parent and a child of the same gender rather than gender itself.  I think she was on to something because if I'm honest with myself both of my older...
Got it, and a great writer he is, too.  I'm not good with names.  I don't know how I'd answer that, because Canadian farm rules are so different from the American climate, so radical isn't quite as radical, here.  I've done the animal share thing for meat, and we certainly do a lot of bartering amongst the organic/pastured farmers so a lot is not noticed.  Rotating animals and plant farming and working it into the system has worked well for me with chickens, and I know...
I don't have the breed.  I have Orpingtons and Brahmas, which are quite large.  Just wanted to put out there that straight run can be OK with dual purpose chickens, too.  I have big breeds that lay decently, so I keep the girls and eat most of the boys.  Roosters can taste just fine despite what some say!  
What is "salatin"? Know lots of farming terminology but you've got me stumped!  
My Muscovies are totally free range so I can't quite say with the tractor bit - but what I did notice is that they eat the bugs and leave a lot of the garden plants be, where as I can't trust my chickens with the garden once it's planted at all.  
Just in response to PP and the pajamas: It could also be acceptable to change at different times.  My youngest child (I really don't know why, he has some special needs but I'm not sure there's any relation) is a total wreck about changing in the morning but will bathe at night and wear the change of clothes for the next day.  he doesn't wear jeans, just sports type clothes, so he can sleep like that.  I stopped worrying about it because at least he gets changed.  In...
Great news!
Maybe you should be looking into a full assessment by a developmental pediatrician or pediatric neurologist.  With SPD that severe there could be other things going on, too.  it's worth covering the bases.  I actually found with our own son that those in medicine were more open to looking at possibilities than many of the psychologists we saw.  No offence to psychologists, I'm sure many are great.  It's just that many psychologists exclusively look for the environmental,...
Good luck!  Let us know how Monday went.