or Connect

Posts by musicmama08

Lol,  we're one week out and DH is chomping at the bit!  It's going to be a long 2 weeks ahead of us!   Fib, fib!       
Viriditas -   That's a good idea to wrap them up to sleep on your chest.  I fell asleep with Clara on my chest and my husband saw us a couple hours later and freaked out!    Something weird about last night - twice I woke up to find Clara on her tummy.  I think the weight of me on the bed might have rolled her from her side (that's how I always place her) to her tummy.  She was fine both times, but that's a no-no for bed sharing so it kind of scared me.  I think...
Sweet!    By the way, how are your hips feeling?  We are the same number of days PP, so just checking in...      
Wow mama, what a story!  I hope you are feeling better after a bleed like that.  I had that with my first and couldn't sit up or walk for a week without almost passing out and recovery was really hard.  Hoping that passed quickly and you are enjoying babe now. 
Oh Vyky, that's hard!  Is there any inducing pressure?  I had Clara at 41w5 days, and she did not look at all overdue.  Still had a little vernix, and placenta was healthy and just fine.  Black cohosh may be responsible for pushing my body into regular contraction mode, but I could already feel my body starting up.  Any signs for you?
Pacifier - I actually broke down and asked the hospital nurses for one after C had been awake nursing for hours and I was just exhausted.  She wouldn't take it of course!   However, now she cluster nurses in the evenings, and when the nips get too sore or I just need a 10 minute break, she'll suck on my picky quite happily.  Still won't do the pacifier, but my pinky is the world's first pacifier, right?    She's also pretty patient waiting for more nursing.  She'll...
So, the midwives said no sex until after the bleeding has completely stopped.  Is that accurate.  I'm only a week PP, and not needing to have it now, but everything mostly feels normal.  Does bleeding have to completely stop in your experiences?   And, like many of the responses, I too feel so disjointed in my hips/pelvic area.  My pubic bone actually feels like it is being pushed out, and if I "push" it in, it feels so much better.  If only I could make something to...
Have you tried lambskin condoms?  Much thinner and have more feeling for both people than the regular ones, but they are more expensive.  They're sold in packs of 3 if you want to just buy a few to try.  We use those and NFP  - they have always worked for us.    
Wow, what a story Jaimee!  The intensity making you scream I'm sure was burned into your head for several days, and I'm hoping it's slowly subsiding.  It took me 2-3 days to finally start to forget the intense pain of Clara coming out fast, but you definitely had a much harder time.  The family pic of the 5 of you is just beautiful.  I'm hoping Avery is a sweet, easy one after that intense time.
The fast labor of Clara Evelyn - born 41w5d on Dec 1 - weighing 9 lbs:   So I was 41w5d and worried about the pressure of getting to "42 weeks" but feeling great the whole time.  I went on a little trip with my son that day and bought some Black Cohosh to see if it would do anything.  I had been having pre-labor contractions for the past several days, so I knew my body was already gearing up.  That evening, I took the cohosh at 4, 5, and 6 pm, and during that time I...