or Connect

Posts by howeberry

Not sure how far this would be for you, but we just started seeing Dr. Sharon Brackelmanns in Ironia, NJ. Probably the nicest person you'll ever meet, and she's great with kids (my 2.5 yo had his first cleaning with her). She did a great job with our cleaning and my husband's fillings.
With my first section I feel like I bled for 6 weeks. After this one I've had light-ish bleeding the whole time. I start to think it's about over then gush a lot of bright red stuff about once a day, but it's been hard to slow down with an active toddler to chase after.   I'm 3 weeks post today and am still cautious with my scar, but I've also lost feeling in my belly from the scar to an inch or two above. It's a very strange feeling and I really hope it comes back....
Is there any reason why your doctor would not want you to VBAC besides you haven't delivered vaginally before? If you and the baby are healthy, the scar healed well, and all's well, I don't see why they'd prevent you from at least attempting a VBAC.   I feel so fortunate my midwives will let me go 42+6 before talking the re-C-word... Waiting until the last minute to go to the hospital is what they and my doula (they've never met) recommend for my best chance at a...
  Zeeohee, I completely understand being tired of waiting. If it helps, I'm 41 + 4 today - you're not the furthest along.   Do you know if your mom went late with you? Sometimes that can help explain why you're carrying longer too, at least logically, emotionally it may not matter. Hoping for exciting things for both of us soon!
41 + 3 today. I have chrio and acupuncture appointments today. My acupuncturist will be trying the induction points on me. Figure there's nothing to lose if it doesn't work and possible 3 days of labor if it does and my body's not 100% ready.   After my NST & bio-physical on Monday, which showed everything looks great with the baby, my midwife did another check and confirmed I'm definitely thinning and she thought she could poke through my cervix. I didn't efface or...
  I feel ya on the fleas. When DS was about 2 months old our living room became infested with fleas. We didn't bomb, since I was home with the baby and really had no where else to go in the middle of winter, but we were able to beat them with frequent doses of Advantage (Frontline did not even put a dent in them!) on both the cat and dog, lots of combing & squishing, and daily vacuuming of the entire room. It took a week or so but we eventually beat them. Somehow, I never...
Cynthiamoon - That really stinks! I really hope something works out for you.   ~   I'm still around too!   Due date: July 14 Plans to go post-date: Already nearly 1 week post and trying not to stress. My first was two weeks late (with failed induction), and both my sister and I were 13 days late. Must be a family trait. I have massage, chiro, and acupuncture appointments scheduled for Wednesday, so here's hoping all that body work + acupuncture induction...
40 weeks today! Baby's posterior, here's hoping I can convince him/her to turn back around soon.
Probably a sustenance farm.   Would you rather stay up late or get up early?  
False. This will be number 2.   The person below me wonders where the time has gone. (Wasn't it just January?!)