or Connect

Posts by howeberry

I'd love a midwife assisted homebirth VBAC, but it's not legal in my state, so off to the hospital for me. This will be a midwife attended birth.   I'm not clear yet exactly what went wrong with my first pregnancy. I think it was a combination ds getting too big (9 1/2 pounder), never engaging, and a failed induction (Castro oil made my water leak, which lead to a night on Cervidil, followed an awful day of Pit). I never effaced and never dilated. Needless to say, I...
I wanted to wait until after hearing the heartbeat, or the first u/s, but we're going to tell my in-laws at Christmas. I think it'll be a nice surprise for them, and get me out of drinking (which they do a LOT). We already told my parents, sis & bro-in-law at Thanksgiving. I was something like 3 or 4 weeks, but it was nice to tell them in person. Most of my close mom friends know, and it turns out one of them is expecting too, due about a week before me! It'll be a lot...
Hi ladies!   My name's Lisa, I live in NJ, and I'm due around about July 28th. Pretty sure this will be an early August baby, but you never know. I'm hoping for a completely natural, unmedicated VBAC this time around and will be doing everything in my power to make sure that happens (starting after Christmas!).   I'm a full time SAH mom to a just tuned 2-year-old, who keeps me very busy. If anything, I'm in better shape now from chasing him around all day than I...
We own a Temperpedic and have been co-sleeeping in it from the day we came home from the hospital, nearly two years ago. We never had issues with DS sinking in too far, basically because he was/is so much lighter than DH and me. Mostly he just would slide into us, especially when he was a newborn. This kept him right at my side all night. Between the constant contact and being a light sleeper, I always woke when he stirred and was able to check on him. The tricky part...
We like and use Sparta Pediatrics in Sparta, NJ. They are pro-BF, not confused by our non-circ son, and let us select vax. They are a husband/wife team: Dr Jacobson and Dr McHugh. Not sure how they feel about no-vax. Check them out: http://www.spartapediatrics.com  
Liked Mothering & Strider on Facebook. Hoping to win this for my toddler's 2nd Birthday!
One BIG advantage of never introducing a pacifier is never having to wean your LO off it! Same for bottles.   My DS is almost 2 yo and never took a binky or bottle, just went straight to cups, and still nurses several times a day. That said, it does get a little trying at times, especially when I'm touched out and all he wants is "p'ease, milk!"
I know it's almost been a year since the last update, but how does this story end? My DS is 19 mo and I'm starting to think night weaning is in our future. These every 2 hour night nursings are wearing on me, as are the 45 min nap/nurse intermissions, and the "I'm hungry & Mom is the closest food source" nursings, etc.   Thanks again for sharing!  
We love going out and playing with moms and babies. I found being with other moms helps my sanity and I'd swear my LO gets sick of me from time to time (tho he'll never admit it, if he could articulate it). I met a great group of moms with babies around the same age as my DS by signing up for local Music Together classes. Not only do these mom/baby classes engage your LO and you, but gets both of you out of the house for an hour. And, most importantly, takes the focus off...
Depends on where you are in the state. I think there is a delivery of raw milk in Morristown from PA. I can find out more information if that's local-ish to you.