or Connect

Posts by howeberry

We really like Dr Jacobson at Sparta Pediatrics. They had no issue with us wanting to delay and select vax. DS is only 8 mo so we've only seen them for well visits so far. Not sure about insurance, but it may be worth calling them to see if they take NJ Family Care.   This is an old thread, so I hope you found somebody.
Very clever wording..       I tried reaching out to my local ICAN group here and got no response. If we do pick up and move I'll post in the Tribes forum specific to where we'll be relocating. Thought it'd be better to post here first.   Remembering a convo with my midwives, it sounded like they would attend a HBAC in PA, but I'm not interested in moving to birth there. It's interesting what you say about WA, AlexisT, I can't help be amused by the restrictions without...
I wonder the same thing..!   999,779  
I'm wondering if anyone knows where to locate a list of states that allow HBAC, if such a list exists.   We'll be TTC in about a year or so, and DH & I are entertaining the idea of leaving NJ for someplace with more space and less hustle-bustle/keeping up with the Jones' feel. It's just too darn stressful here! Primary places we're thinking is WA (where I grew up), CO, or MT. Maybe VT, NH, ME or MA, although less likely. In the end, it depends on where DH can find...
Liked and Followed!   Love the hoodie. Simply adorable!
My LO plays on the floor while I cook. I'll bring some toys into the kitchen or he occupies himself with swinging one of the many doors (our kitchen has 4 opening into it!).   DS also loves his Johnny Jump Up - ours is set up in the basement for use when I do laundry. Been using it since he was 5 months or so. It's great because it's the one thing he can't climb out of (yet).
I second pre-folds, although I recommend something thicker than Gerbers like GMD prefolds. Gerbers don't hold more than a squirt, even folded over for more coverage. I have some I use as emergency back up and will sometimes double them even though they'll be worn less than an hour.   True enough! DS has been crawling about 2 months now and I wish they made trainers small enough to fit my skinny 17 lb 8 mo! Sometimes having a snug cover that works without a snappi is a...
Some have had luck holding a potty (small pot) between their legs under baby's bottom while feeding. This way your lo is comfortable and can eliminate as usual - when you notice her going, make your cue sound so she starts to make the association. Some babies prefer to lounge while eliminating. If your LO is small enough, you may be able to support her in a lounge in one arm while rubbing her belly with the opposite hand, all while over a towel or other...
Update:   We just returned from a 2 week road trip that took us from NJ to Iowa and back again. I was impressed how well DS responded to going in public bathrooms. Not only did he pee in rest area toilets, but pooped in one as well! I approached it like changes at home: remove diaper, offer potty, replace/new diaper. It didn't take long to get over EC'ing in public when it was the only option. Loud hand dryers were the scariest thing for him.   If a bathroom...
At 4 months, my LO pulled the water glass I was holding to his mouth and took a sip. Most the water dribbled out, he made a great face, then went back for more. Two weeks later we bought him his own cup. We've only tried the Munchkin Trainer Cup but have found it works great - he can chew on the silicon tip to get some water and I don't get a bath when the cup goes upside down. It entertains him when we all sit at the table and he can help himself. He still likes...