or Connect

Posts by Maple Leaf Mama

My son is having dental surgery tomorrow morning. He will be under general because of the severity od the cavities. (it has taken almost a year to see the pediatric dentist and get a surgery date!) My question is which is better (or less bad): silver fillings, or white fillings? They are telling me that while it is obviously my choice, that silver will last longer and there is not a health risk to the silver. I've been a member here long enough not to believe that. But...
I'm very confused by capris. I just don 't see the point. They are mere inches shorter than pants, so why bother? IMO, they look better on shorter ladies. I'm 5'10" and I look like a fool. I've tried on many pairs and I just look like I've outgrown my pants. So ya, I say shorts or pants. Unless you are shorter and wer the kind that only reaches the knee. Any lower than the knee and IMO it looks kinda silly.
I JUST won a sterling silver bowl from an estate on Ebay. Within 5 minutes of this, DH went to bed and I walked across the room to change the channel while making DD's lunch for tomorrow.....And smelled perfume. SERIOUSLY!!
We got UV film put on all our windows about 4 years ago. It makes it harder to see in during the day. Very easy at night- with any light on. The way our street is, a road comes toward our house and then right in front of our house, turns left- onto our street. I'm often naked while drying my hair, or walking around getting dressed etc in the bedroom, in front of a large open window that doesn't have sheers on it. I always thought noone could see me...Until about a...
M&M makes a pretty decent nanaimo bar. Not homemade, but pretty nummy. Did anyone else get a nasty chemical burn on their throat from Buckley's?? The first time I ever used it actually burned my throat and I could barely eat, drink or swallow for days after. It was horrible and I've never touched the stuff since. As for Total, you might give Vector a try. It took a long time to be approved here because Health Canada didn't like that it was being advertised as a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy I guess it stays at her house for when he visits. A motorized car? This was my guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsten She is not your friend. She is not a nice person. But she taught you a valuable lesson. Just say no. Can you take care of my child while you have the flu and your dp is recovering from surgery? No, we are sick/recovering. I hope you figure something out. Can you take care of my child every day after school for two weeks? No, that won't work for me. I hope you figure something out. OR Sure, I can take...
Thank you all for your thoughts. It makes me feel validated that I wasn't being a sick, irrational beast woman. My friends who know this woman are angry for me. They are shocked by her behavior, as am I. I saw the little girl after school and went over to hand her the sweater she left at my place yesterday. For some reason, and I'm about it, but the teacher lets them leave the school and doesn't come out any more. They are in grade 1!! (That seems odd,...
I vote for accident. It was probably delivered by accident to someone else and they opened it without looking at the name first, because they assumed it was their mail. DH does this to me all the time, and I always ask him--doesn't he READ the name on the front, and he rarely does. I'm sorry you're upset!
Or is this person just socially clueless? Back in September, my DD's friend's mum called and asked if I would look after her DD (DD's friend) after school until 4:30- for a total of 3 weeks. (Her DH is in Afganistan and they just got rid of their nanny) I thought-sure. It would be a playdate for DD. This got a bit irritating after a while because of this little girl's behavior-especially towards my DS who is 2. She monopolises and micromanages DS and is snarky with DD....