or Connect

Posts by Ginger Bean

Thanks! Yes, that makes sense. I wonder how long this will go on. It's awful. :(
Thanks for your replies! I feel better. I was just worried that he wasn't getting proper nutrition in the day or something.
Sorry this is so long, but I hope someone can help me with this problem, because it's breaking my heart to see my son cry and scream.   He's 13mo and lately his routine has been:   Wake around 6:30-7:15 1st nap around 10:00-10:30 for 1-1.5 hours 2nd nap around 3:30-4:00 for 1/2-1 hour. Bed around 8:00-9:00   For a while now, he's been skipping one of these naps from time to time (nothing I do will make him take the nap, though I try). This leads to...
Is this normal? I don't mean comfort nursing/frequent nightwaking, but long, deep draining of the breast every 2 hours at night.   He has 3 solid meals a day. He probably eats a substantial amount at 1-2 of these. The rest, he just tastes/picks at his food. He rarely has juice, just sips of water with his meals. He's not a picky eater; he's easy to feed.   He does nurse a lot during the day, but they're mostly quick nursings as if for thirst or as if he's too...
I would try a later bedtime for a while, like 9:30-10:30.   My son (13mo) has always needed less sleep than the typical baby. Not way less, just slightly less -- but if he goes to bed at the textbook bedtime of 7pm, he does strange things like wake every hour, wake after 40 minutes and be up until 10pm, wake around 2am and not go back to sleep for an hour or more, or wake up for the day at 4:30.   He does much better with a bedtime of 8:30-9:30. He usually wakes...
I believe it. I can't imagine having to make up bottles in the middle of the night. The most I can do is roll over.
It's not "good" or "healthy."   It's biologically normal.
    Are you sure you know what forum you're on?
I don't know, I have the same problem. My son is 12mo and currently driving me crazy, but my husband can't take over nighttime parenting to give me a little breathing space, because nursing is all my son knows.   He's never been much for rocking, walking, bouncing, etc. I thought I was lucky because I never needed to do anything but lie down with him and nurse. But now I'm second-guessing myself and wonder if we should have "sleep trained" him (man, I hate that word).
I think maybe 13 months isn't a good time for sleep training, because there's a common sleep regression/Wonder Weeks around this time.   But I know, I know -- when is it ever a good time?   My son is almost 13 months old, so he drives me crazy some nights. I plan to start gentle nightweaning when he's over 18months.