or Connect

Posts by Ginger Bean

I use warm water for poo... I think it's gentler and works better. I've never been able to get my son clean without using like 10 wipes which is a waste and a skin irritation.   I think soap would be too drying and irritating? Especially just for pee. I don't think that's too good for your daughter, though I guess once or twice a week isn't the same as all the time.   Why does she tell you how to change your daughter anyway? She's looking over your shoulder while...
Weird question: have you gotten your period back? I had absolutely no interest in sex -- not only that, just zero sexual feelings, like I was a totally asexual being like a spore or something -- until my period came back recently.
I have a Hugamonkey pocket sling. I haven't owned any other carriers so I can't really compare, but I like it!   It's $29.99, very simple but comfortable and strong. It comes in sizes, so no extra material.   It did take me a while to figure out how to wear it in a comfortable way.
I wish I knew the answer myself!   I'm in the same boat with my 7 month old son, though he used to be good at self-soothing by sucking his thumb. Until 2-3 weeks ago, he has always been fine with taking naps alone and sleeping alone in our bed for the early part of the night. He wasn't a great sleeper, but he had stopped taking catnaps and extended his naps to 1hour+. He's had phases of only waking twice at night.   Now he's a different baby. He won't nap alone...
She may have medical knowledge that we lack, but we can read as well as anyone else, and honestly -- I have not heard ONCE from ANYWHERE that co-sleeping causes developmental delays due to sleep disruption.   Not Dr. Weissbluth (I quoted him earlier in this thread saying the opposite), not Dr. Ferber, not Dr. Sears, and not Dr. James McKenna.   These people are in opposite parenting camps. Weissbluth and Ferber are sleep-training/CIO. Dr. Sears and Dr. McKenna...
How big are these bottles? So she gets at least 3 or 4 of them? I guess that's... adequate. What kind of food does she eat?   What you describe sounds horrendous to me, but I think it's fairly common. A lot of people start their babies on that rice cereal stuff at 3-4 months old, even putting it in their bottles.   My son is 7 months old. He swallows maybe 1/2 tsp of food a day. :) The rest (feels like a huge amount) goes on his face, his clothes and the floor......
What's with the older generation always trying to shove sweets into babies' mouths?   I see this problem over and over again, on every parenting board I read.   We live abroad so we don't see our families very much (our son is only 7mo). I'm just curious.
  No, like I said, I found it somewhere. :)   I wish I knew where it was from.    
Sorry for the double, but I wanted to address the actual points.   1. The great Weissbluth himself says co-sleeping babies can breastfeed more frequently and until a later age than crib babies without disrupting sleep. (Sorry, I can't find the link right now, but he said it in a Q&A with parents, and I saw it with my own eyes.) Ferber has become tolerant of co-sleeping as well. Again, it's cultural.   2. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/tooth-decay.html   3. How long...
I'm American but currently we live in Poland for work. Is it just me, or is it strange that a ped would even ask about sleep? I guess I've been living here so long that I've gotten used to the Polish medical system (I was treated for breast cancer and gave birth to my son here).   Anyway, our ped checks our son for medical things. She's never once asked about his sleep (he's obviously healthy, meeting milestones, growing, etc.) or where he sleeps -- maybe she doesn't...