or Connect

Posts by mamalovex3

Funny you mention that DoubleDouble, during my last twin pregnancy, I drank milk by the bucket!  Seriously, we made almost daily trips to the store for more milk, I just couldn't get enough. 
I had very terrible morning sickness when I was pregnant with my first set of twin girls.  I am pregnant with twins again (we don't know the sexes) and while the morning sickness hasn't been AS bad, it is still worse than I experienced with my singleton.
It's hard.  And it will be hard for awhile.  My husband would say that he's neater than me, but as nearly all the housework falls on me, there are times when I can't keep up.  For the first couple months after the girls were born, the only housework that got done was whatever friends and family did when they dropped by.  I had zero energy or time for laundry or dishes, and even less for sweeping or bathrooms!    Even now, our girls are 16 months old and I have to...
Although I am nowhere near as talented as you craft mamas, I wanted to say how lovely these all are!  You have made some really beautiful items and I can already picture sweet babes snuggled in them :)   5BoysPlus - I love the sling!  That fabric is beautiful!   JudyBean - Elephants + giraffes = super cute!    and teegan - I am in awe of your knitting ability - I can only knit in squares and rectangles lol
wendipauline - Hope you're feeling better now!  I saw your post on the multiples board and no wonder you're feeling the strain - teaching preschool while pregnant with twins would do that to anyone!   mole - With my last pregnancy I bought nursing bras at 34 weeks and none of them fit after the babies were born, I ended up going in to get fitted when the babies were maybe 6 weeks old...?  For me, it's really worth having good nursing bras - you need the support and...
  Hello and welcome :)  I haven't had as much trouble gaining weight this time around (I'm pregnant with my second set of twins) but the first time I didn't gain anything until well into the second trimester and gained just under 40 lobs total and my girls were 5 lbs 15 oz and 7 lbs 11 oz when they were born.  This time I gained about 13 lbs by 20 weeks and both babies are measuring right on track.  While I think Dr. Luke's book has some great tips for nutritional and is...
I gained just shy of 40 lbs with my twins, and lost all of it within 3 months.  Breastfeeding twins really does burn those calories - I was eating all day and losing weight, plus I was super swollen at the end and sweated off a lot of that water after the girls arrived.  As long as you're eating quality food, I've heard anywhere from 35-60 lbs as a recommendation for weight gain with a twin pregnancy.
  That's exactly how I feel!  I have never gotten so much contradictory advice in my life.  With my last pregnancy, I had threatened pre-term labour at 24 weeks (my cervix was shortening) and so this time around the closer I get to that milestone I feel like I need to slow down and take it easy, even though I feel fine!    I had terrible swelling towards the end of my last pregnancy which is apparently common with twin pregnancy - my feet were puff balls, I couldn't wear...
ithappened - Wow, 30 weeks!  You're getting closer and closer.  One to three is a huge jump - but you'll adjust :)  I'm hoping that going from 3 to 5 will be easier lol   AHomebirthMama - You have got some willpower, I had to get an early ultrasound this time to make sure there was only one in there...sure enough, there was two!  Will you get an ultrasound at 20 weeks or not at all?   Lici - Where in Ontario are you from?  I'm near Ottawa, don't see too many...
I second the suggestion to look at plus size clothing.  It is cheaper and easier to find.  It may not fit as nicely since it is made to be bigger all over and not just in the belly, but it does the job.  I am already outgrowing a lot of my maternity clothes and am only 22 weeks!  I can't justify spending money on maternity clothes that I will only wear for a few months though.  Also, thrift stores often have good stuff :)  Good luck!