or Connect

Posts by mamalovex3

The comments I got were something similar - nursing has become increasingly uncomfortable for me, being pregnant, and one of my aunts commented along the lines of once they have teeth, they shouldn't be nursing anymore.  And the other aunt seemed bothered by the fact that my daughter was playing with my nose, touching my shirt, etc. as she nursed because that meant she wasn't really *needing* to nurse, she just *wants* to.  I don't get why people are so concerned with...
I know!   I told my DH about it and he was so riled up!  He would have had a few things to say if he had heard their comments.  Which is funny, because when we met, he was very uncomfortable about breastfeeding, then said it would be ok till maybe 6 months, then a year, and now he's a big advocate and tells people our girls are so smart and wonderful because they are breastfed :)  I didn't say much, as I hate being put on the defensive and tbh, I don't care what they...
All three are on hold at the library :)    On a slightly different note, has anyone read Mayim Bialik's new book?  I ordered that one too.
Hi ladies!   I don't always post much here but do read often.  I just hit 22 weeks and am starting to feel huge already.  And HOT!  We had an ultrasound last week and Baby A was transverse way up on top and Baby B was vertex and to the right.  These babies are moving non-stop and changing positions all the time!  Fine by me as long as we get everyone appropriately positioned in time, since no one around here will even go near a vaginal birth is Baby A isn't head...
What's the last book you read?  Was it good? What's your favourite family tradition? What do love most and like least about being pregnant?
  Get used to that!  People make a LOT of assumptions when you have twins.  But it is amazing to see how some people do a double take (literally) when they see that it is possible to make these choices, even with two babies :)  Breastfeeding was a priority for us (and is my #1 priority for the babies on the way), we did shift to cloth diapers but not till the babies were nearly 6 months old.  We're not finding out the sexes either - imagine the double surprise!  It's...
Agreed!  Last time we were reluctant and honestly just didn't know how to ask for the help we needed.  As a result, we had one or two family members who were awesome and coming over and just DOING - anything that needed doing but for some people it's awkward for them and although they want to help, they don't know how.  Keep a list going - maybe a whiteboard would work well - that's what I'm planning this time around - of things that need to be done and that way when...
We had them and they were very convenient - you can transport sleeping babies from car to home without waking them and for me, they made grocery shopping, outings, running errands - all SO much easier.  Our carseats could go from the bases to the stroller.  My babies were (are still are!) held often but I think it was something that allowed us to get around that much more easily.  Also, our babies were born in January, so we could use the infant seats with covers and...
I think we do the best we can with what we have. I know if my local twin breastfeeding group a lot of moms have mother's helpers or nannies or some kind of paid help and I always feel a little bit jealous (and poor!) because although we are lucky to have wonderful family nearby who help us a lot, I don't have that kind of help.    For the first weeks I would plan on making things as easy on yourself as possible.  Use paper plates.  Prepare meals for the freezer ahead...
I am so glad I'm not the only one!  I have been getting some odd reactions the more pregnant I get about nursing my twins.  We night weaned which was really more so that I could get some sleep and cope, which made a huge difference, but both girls are still very much attached to the boob.  So rather than looking at how to wean them before the new babies arrive, I am shifting to a very real possibility of nursing 4 babies at once.  (even as I type that, I think "That's...