or Connect

Posts by caligirl

in a pocket diaper??? Says it holds 20 times it's weight in liquid, and doesn't drip. with our leak problem I'm almost temped to buy these and make inserts!! wondering if anyone is familiar.........http://www.shamwow.com/
an overnight solution!! OK, I've been gone a while from the world of CD so bear with me. PROBLEM:My 2.5yo is a heavy wetter. Well she wouldn't be, but she goes to bed every night with 18oz of liquid in a Kleen Kanteen (don't ask, it's either that or my sanity) up until last night she had to go to bed every night in a sposie with 3 (yes 3) extra disposable doublers (look like maxi pads without the sticky strip, and they have gel beads in them too).All together...
I am so mad reading this. I HATE when big companies do something like this. I am known to ride out these kind of fights to the end and I don't make friends along the way. Have you called the manufacturer of your carseat? Maybe they can help you? I'm not sure about the gray area being that your DD wasn't actually in the seat at the time of accident, so maybe it didn't sustain any damage? Maybe the manufacturer can put your mind at ease about this at least. I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by talk de jour I seriously just CANNOT fathom telling a child "you cannot eat, even though you are hungry." I simply can't! Even if it does mean you have to increase your grocery budget. OK, for those who still chose to not get it: Scheduled snacks doesn't mean you are witholding food or telling your child they can't eat when they are hungry! It may simply means that you don't allow your child to wander the house...
Thanks, These are all really good ideas. I'm not sure the greasy-ness is really coming from her scalp over producing oil, but it looks more like whatever product I use is just weighing her hair down. We'll try to wash less but she gets so much food in her hair daily! Thanks again
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I don't see that as grazing at all. I see that as JUST as disrespectful as saying "no, snack time isn't for another half hour- buck up" I allow my child to eat when she's hungry. I also allow her to NOT eat when she's NOT hungry. -Angela OK, no. I NEVER say to my kids, "Snack time is in X minutes ... You have to wait." It's usually me saying "if you don't want to eat your meal, fine, we'll try again at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama ... I don't see any sense in worrying about how the healthy eating habits of my two year old will translate in elementary school. I suspect as they get older, they work these kinds of things out... This is true. I didn't really start to worry about my older DD's eating habits until she was like 3.5 going on 4, that's when I implemented these changes, I think some people are splitting hairs...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna See, I think it's mean to say- then you have to wait until "snack time" I think snack time should be whenever you're hungry. I've never heard of any eating disorders coming from free access to healthy food. I think that's silly. The child does NOT have control if eating is only allowed at specified hours. Grazing is healthy as long as the foods being grazed on are healthy. I would never discourage...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I don't care if the Queen of Sheba says so, I think it's mean and awful and would never do that. I don't think it's respectful of your child as a person at all. Would you do that to your husband? If you made a dinner he didn't like would you forbid him to eat anything else until he eats it? I think that this type of control is why we have so many eating disorders. Have healthy foods available and encourage...
Quote: Originally Posted by Deva33mommy I meant without taking a carseat, like an Evenflo, etc. I didn't mean having ds on my lap! lol He's almost 3yo. I was wondering when people thought that a regular plane lap belt would be enough to keep a child safe. kwim? . Oh OK. Well I flew with DD at 3.5yrs (38# and 37") and she had her own seat and we did not bring her Britax. She used the seatbelt. Although I think she would have been more...