or Connect

Posts by paisley

I called BCCA today to check and see how much of our HB fees were going to be applied to our deductible (we have a high deductible plan - we pay for everything until we meet our deductible). Somehow the operator ended up looking up for me how many CNMs there are within 30 miles of my zip, 30 miles being their standard of how far someone should travel. There are none. Then he mentioned that if we had another birth with our CNM in the future that we should call at least 2...
Ok, I put it through a second hot/cold cycle and now it's 5" (or maybe 4 15/16") by 3 1/4". When I hold it up to the light now, I can't see light through the stitches unless I stretch it out a little. It feels thick but still flexible and not stiff.
Thanks everyone! Quote: Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade does the felted swatch feel substantial? Or does it still feel like knitted fabric? I'd run it through another cycle to see if it will felt down more (the width still sounds a bit big, I think it might shrink more) And then after that, I can help you recalculate the numbers with your gauge It's feels pretty thick but if I hold it up to the light I can still see through the...
Well I went out and bought and balled up some 220 to make this and then I searched some old threads here and found out that others have had problems with using 220 for this. I made the 16sts x 36 rows gauge swatch as called for and ran it through the washer on one hot/cold cycle. It's a rectangle instead of a square that the pattern talks about, but that's the shape it was pre-felting too. How can I figure out how to make the 220 work for this? This is my first...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ Congratulations!! That's an AMAZING birth story. Your ds2 weighed about twice as much as mine Was your first ds a big baby too? He was 8lbs 12oz and 22". And someone else asked - I was 40wks and 4 days from ovulation at delivery.
A is rolling over! He rolled over 5 or 6 times yesterday but I wasn't convinced (maybe a downhill slope on the bed, maybe I put him on his tummy with his arm too far under him so he just fell to the side, etc.). But no. He rolled over on the bed again today and then I put him on the baby gym and sure enough! He did the rocking on his belly from side to side and then four more rolls! He's going from tummy to back and I think he has fairly good control over what he's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wild Flowers Can someone show me some info on foremil/hindmilk inbalance? I am one week two days into cutting out dairy and eggs. She is still congested and still spitting up. Though I think she is what is called a happy spitter. It doesn't seem to bother her. But I am wondering if any of this is milk/allergies, or if it is something else. I am looking forward to a little less pee and poop. TYhe poop seems to be constantly...
Ok, it's taken me four days to read through this thread and two to reply! : Glad to see everyone here! It's going to be weird when they close our DDC, I'm so used to checking in here. Quote: Originally Posted by bemommy I've actually got a bit of an oversupply problem and need to watch to make sure he gets enough hindmilk. I'm looking forward to the pooping becoming a little less frequent. Between pee and poop it seems he needs to be constantly...
Hooray! Welcome baby Georgia!
Congratulations Becca and welcome to baby Eli!