or Connect

Posts by mamajody

Shared via e-mail and Facebook.
We use cloth napkins, cloth bags, and dry the wash on the clothesline. When the children were in diapers we used cloth. Now that all of the children are school aged, our favorite activity is getting outside to wander. Ponds, streams and the ocean are the current favorite spots to play and explore. On rainy days and in the evenings we all pile on to one couch to read aloud. With 5 readers in the house we can pass a book around for a long time!  
I have found my tribe! lol! My twin boys just turned 3 this week. They have been trying my patience sorely. One of them takes particular delight in shrieking at the top of his lungs. All.The.Time. I joke that they take turns being the evil twin.
Quote: Originally Posted by Leersia Peacechief, Things that have worked out well: Peggy Kaye's Games for Learning series is awesome for any HSer and I wish I'd known about it before this year. Sue Sue, Can you tell us more about these? I have never heard of them before. I am also using CM with my family, but tight now only my 6 year old is actively being schooled. The boys just turned 3 yesterday, and haven't demonstrated the...
Wow! This is truly appalling! I think Journey Woman said it best in her post. I would be using very simple, small words that are impossible to misunderstand at this point. I haven't read the other thread yet, but based on what you have written here, I can just imagine. I hope this gets straightened out soon. Your poor son must be so confused by this whole thing.
My pumpkin is also 8.5 months. She is not crawling, only scooting backwards. I am able to get her to entertain herself for 20 minutes at a time most days. At the moment her favorite thing is sitting with a box of objects that she can take out of the box one at a time to chew on. She will also scoot herself around the room exploring. This is not generally a problem when the floor is free of small things the bigger children play with, but if she backs herself into a corner,...
Thanks for starting this thread! I love discussions about homeschooling, especially twins. My boys turned 3 today. We are not , "doing school" yet, but I do home school their older sister who is 6. She attended pre-school/ day care from birth to almost 4 years old because of my work schedule, and then the arrival of the twins. I love that I have been able to keep them close and experience all of the small day to day changes that I missed with my oldest. When she was the...
I just wanted to send some extra loving your way this evening. I have caught up on reading this thread now, and I can only imagine. 4. Words cannot express what you must be feeling! 2 brought us to our knees for weeks. My DH and I literally could not have a conversation without the words, "My god! There are 2 in there!" passing our lips for the first month after we found out. Be gentle with yourself, and allow the feelings to flow. They are going to come out sooner or...
We celebrated the twins birthday with friends today. 3 years old in only 3 days. My goodness the time does fly. We have a newbie as well. Amalia Claire will be 9 months old in 2 weeks. Melissa (mamasthree) and I were in the same DDC again.
My almost 6 yo DD is the same way. Totally dependent on my participation, or at the very least listening to her endless chatter about her current obsession. I have 3 other children, so this is fatiguing to say the least. I have found she likes vidoes/vidoeo making, ( we are going to get the digital camera by v-tech for her birthday) drawing, and pokemon. Days like today when it is too chilly and wet to have my 3 month old outside we settle for a movie (always pokemon these...