or Connect

Posts by Mama2Xander

Roy Zimmerman has a song called "Abstain with me" which he introduces by comparing "abstinence only" sex ed to "just hold it" potty training. You can find it on YouTube, it's pretty hilarious. 
  Yes. That's exactly it, the whole system needs to be changed. I have in the past been one of those who said "but it happens in the hospital too" (on a different thread) and I don't think I really articulated it clearly enough before. In saying that, I absolutely do not mean that what happened with Liz's midwife is in any way excusable. What I mean is that trying to make midwifery look like the hospital system is clearly not the answer either. Medical review boards are...
  I agree.. how can they charge that much?! Our preschool is $140/month for 3 mornings a week (and I live in a high COL area!). I'd look for a cheaper option.  
That sounds pretty concerning to me, especially with your tearing you mentioned in the other post. Being "constantly wet" is not normal, and your tear will not be able to heal like that. I would insist on being evaluated asap, and if your doctor doesn't listen to you, get a second opinion. As a PP mentioned, I really think you need to make sure you don't have a fistula. I know that sounds scary, but if you do have a fistula or other injury, it can be repaired. Sometimes...
When you are getting quotes for repairs, tell the repair place that it is NOT going to be covered by insurance. Some places will be more reasonable. (At least that's the way it is here - they charge a lot when the insurance is covering it, but some places will give you a better deal if they know you are paying privately). You might need to shop around a bit. We had a similar situation several years ago. Most places were quoting over $1000, but we found one who did it for...
Around $700-750/month for 2 adults and 3 kids (6.5, 4.5, and 22 months, all with VERY big appetites). That also includes household products eg. toilet paper etc although we don't really spend a ton in that area. Mostly vegetarian (with some seafood eg. canned salmon/tuna), almost no prepared/convenience foods at all due to multiple food intolerances in the family. We don't buy organic unless it is on sale for the same or less than conventional. No dairy at all. We do get...
*Some* users are adding the content and writing the reviews ;) What else are the reviews for, if not to encourage people to buy things?   
There are plenty of other things that have been mentioned here that bug some people but not others. Those seem to be getting dealt with in a reasonable way. For example, it sounds like several people don't like the screen colours/white space, and they have been told that more options will become available in the future. Great. I personally don't mind the current colours/white space (actually I *like* a lot of white space on websites), but I don't feel compelled to tell...
Ah, okay, thank you for clarifying!
I'm confused, lol... you mean we shouldn't expect Mothering to help circumvent the ad system? Isn't that why we are paying for ad-free browsing? Or are you referring to something else? Sorry, I am not understanding what you are meaning to refer to here.