or Connect

Posts by KayPea

Oh, and I forgot to mention diapers!   We use hand-me-down prefolds and Bummis Superbrites covers. We have a few MotherEase Onesize diapers in bamboo and organic cotton too - we used these with DD for nighttime, though with O we use a disposable in the night for now.    We get Earth's Best disposables if we have a little wiggle room in the budget, otherwise President's Choice "Green" diapers (which basically means no chlorine, but they still use the gel, I'm...
  Shampoo/conditioner- Either a natural shampoo bar or Dr Bronners and lemon juice rinse (ACV darkens my light blonde hair). I use the soaps about once a week or ten days, and just do the rinse the rest of the time. Body soaps: shower gels, soaps, face soap, etc.- Dr Bronners or natural bar soap.  I don't wash my face, just a rinse with water.  Once a week I do an oil/sugar/honey scrub (olive or coconut oil). I used to have awful skin, but since I...
Sigh. We had to bring Oren into the ER at Children's today because of his current illness. Poor guy was either inconsolable or super sleepy/spacy, and he was having wheezy breathing along with his really deep chest cough.  Normally he rarely cries, and is such a smiley, happy dude that it just broke my heart to see him like that.  Nothing they could do for him though - and we're on high alert for worsening symptoms. Apparently the illness should peak tomorrow, then he'll...
Hey friends, would love some tips.  Oren is only napping a half-hour at a time. So with his 60-90 min awake window, he takes like 5 naps a day - and right now I have to lie down with him as he falls asleep for all of them. He used to go down on his own, but not anymore. This is really affecting my older DD's behaviour - I am pretty much always either nursing the baby, changing him or putting him down for a nap. Ugh, and don't even ask me how the housework is...
Just curious - do you get financial compensation in the States for surrogacy?  Different compensation rates for traditional vs gestational?  In Canada, surrogacy is legal, but financially compensating the surrogate mama is not.    After my first birth, I was definitely thinking about surrogacy, particularly for friends of mine who are infertile but want children.  But now, after this last pregnancy, I think I am done. 
I don't remember the day we got our BFP, I tested the day I was expecting my period but got a negative.  Tested about 5 days later to get that little line!I remember thinking, when I got that negative, "Well, if I'm not pregnant, then what the hell is wrong with me?"   Ugh, and of course we're sick AGAIN this Valentine's Day. DD woke up with a fever, poor kid.  
I know for sure we conceived Valentine's Day - I was sick all around my mid-cycle, but I had EWCM, and it was Valentine's Day, so I ignored my stuffy nose and achy back and we DTD. Not very romantic when you get into all the details, but it sounds good to say he was conceived on Valentine's Day. Couldn't have been any other day because we didn't dtd any other time that i was fertile that month!
  http://www.xkcd.com/   Ha ha. I couldn't figure out how to link directly to the Valentine's Day one, but if you view it Monday or Tuesday it should still be the top one. 
Oren had his bottom two teeth cut through last week, but they've receded now - and are like what Jaimee described, two tooth-shaped indents in his gums. I wonder when they'll come back -other than a little fussiness and waking more than usual at night he had no real teething symptoms until after I noticed their eruption. Then he was doing a lot of gnawing, and drooling, and getting a bit of teething rash on his cheeks. My sister was a precocious teether - she had four...
  That's interesting. I wonder where my sister's green eyes came from - both my parents have grey eyes. I have one eye that's half green and half grey, so maybe she has the same green patch on grey eyes, just all over? DD has grey eyes with green rings around the pupil, I was hoping that meant they were turning green like my sister's - hers are the most beautiful shade of light jade green.   Oren's look like they have brown spots in the baby dark blue - I'm hoping his...