or Connect

Posts by SuzyQ-ME

I second the posters above noting that wearing baby and also tummy time on someone's chest count - especially for a babe that small.  I am also a first time mom and was very nervous about this.  I had been reassured by a babywearing consultant that wearing him would develop the same muscles.  My son hated tummy time when he was little - if i could get 2 minutes out of him it was a good day.  I refused to let him lie there and scream.    In my experience, my son's...
I've become like Mommel with the exposure, plus my son thinks cloth is the best toy ever so anything that goes over his head becomes the focus.  But back when he was less distractable and I wanted to be more discreet, I just draped an aiden & anais muslin swaddle over my shoulder and down over the baby.  They are light and pack small, and in addition to being less warm than a regular blanket, they also kinda cling to your shoulder and don't fall off as easily. 
@alindsay46, we are also struggling with the daycare germs.  It's terrible, he actually really likes school and the teacher is amazing.  I just wish i could send him there in a little bubble!!   We also have an amber teething necklace and it's shocking how well it works.  Really calms him.  Plus, adorable.  My father got it here: http://www.amberartisans.com/  but it turns out they ship from Lithuania, so be prepared to wait!   I picked up a cute rubber bead...
  This is Isaac, born 9/25/11 at 43 weeks.  He took his time getting here and was well worth the wait.  Hobbies include starting to sit unassisted, playing with feet, throwing toys for Mommy to pick up and nursing like a champ.   @mae14 - do you swaddle your son's arms for naps?  I always thought this was just for tiny babies, but our daycare puts Isaac down this way and he seems to really love it.  I never would have thought to do it.    
I asked this same question a month ago on the diaper forum - just figured out where our DDC went!   Anyway, we use GroVia covers, but with prefolds instead of the GroVia inserts.  We were having serious leak problems at night  and screaming with attempted midnight changes, also!  I wound up sizing up to larger prefolds, and going for the Green Mountain Diapers unbleached prefolds (we're on the red stitching, DS is 16+ pounds and tall).  I really love the GMD prefolds...
Have you read the Baby-Led Weaning book?  It has suggestions regarding foods.  You can also find recipes, etc., on the website: http://www.babyledweaning.com/
  Sorry, just read this - I do agree to some extent about the assembly line thing!  Our center does have a nap room and I can see where if they did not that would be a BIG problem.    
My son is at a center.  As others have mentioned, it is more expensive, but potentially more reliable than home care or nanny share options.  My only issue with it right now is the darn germs!  he's been sick 4 times since he started (at 3 months) in January.  Nothing serious, just one annoying cold after another.  I'm not sure a home care option would be any better when you're talking germs and the middle of the winter in New England, but sometimes I wish we'd just...
I get subtle versions of this - "I'll give him a bottle while you (sleep, go out, etc)."  I work full time.  My "life" is when I am with my son.   
Hi!  My 4 month old wets heavily at night.  We have used GroVia covers with unbleached prefolds since he was 2 weeks old and I love them.  I've had to do a middle of the night change for at least a couple of months, or else he would be leaky in the morning.  He's starting to outgrow the infant prefolds, so I bought and prepped a few (4) larger ones for nighttime use while I figured out what to do next.  Well, last night i changed him at 1, used a larger prefold, and by 5...