or Connect

Posts by liseux

Thank you for your kind response MsBlack. You are someone I respect on MDC a lot, you know your stuff for sure!I definitely consider my situation very rare & I hope that all mothers who face this kind of dilemma weigh all of ther options & pay attention to their intuition as well.
I agree & the facts are clear that maternal risks do rise with each C/s. I also feel comfortable having multiple c/s b/c the risks that scare me personally most are placenta issues, esp. accreta/percreta. That's what I meant by luck, if your placenta is nowhere near the scar, its not a big risk at all. I definitely never recommend C/s to "any mama" & I didn't recommend my choice to the OP either, I merely shared my experience. I felt very comfortable planning a c/s after...
I am so sorry that you and your son had such a scary birth, I am so glad he is OK! I am not trying to scare you, just wanted to share my experience. I lost my second son to shoulder dystocia & everything was done right,I was at home, normal length labor, never on my back, not tired, etc etc. In water even. We transferred in enough time that they may have been abe to save him, but the OB's coudnt get hm in time either, it took them 15 min. & they assured me being athome...
Hi! Sorry to be DDC crashing, but honestly it sounds to me more like a kidney stone than a UTI. I have had plenty of both & a few things you wrote sound more like a stone (which is not necessarily worse than a UTI) The fact that the bacteria didn't show up,the constant painful contractions & the frequency. Kidney stones hurt in your back & the pain comes around front as the stone comes around the ureter to the bladder. If the pain continues and frequency continues even...
I am so happy for you guys to come to an agreement, I know it wasn't easy! I think I've told you that my own brothers are different & both of my parents agreed & my intact bro never had issues. Its so easy to deal with, like wiping off a finger
My first 2 births both ended in 4th degree tears that healed extremely well. I don't recommend either ice (can slow healing) or doughnut pillows (can put pressure on the stitches) . What works best is sitz baths 3 x a day in the tub, never one of those toilet sitz baths but in the tub with enough water to sit in, 3 x a day, abut 15 min each. The water helps the tissues heal like nothing else, mucous membranes like to be wet! Stay hydrated, eat a lot of healthy food, lots...
Hi AFWife! First I want to tell you that I admire you for thinking so much about this & being so open about your whole thought process.Many moms would never think twice about this & talking about it here is not easy, I'm sure. I agree with the others about waiting a month or so. That may really help. I have 2 brothers, one cut one intact. The 2 of them never talked about it or paid any attention to the difference at all. As adults, they are now both intactivists. My...
My 10 yr old son was just dx with type 1 this spring. I have a thought: when they are first diagnosed they usually show up in ketoacidosis, when they spill all sugars/carbs out of their urine. Its very common to get thrush bc of this. My son struggled with thrush too & once their sugars are in control it goes away. In the meantime she can help him treat it like any genital/yeast infection. I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like.
I've had 2 lung amnios, one at 36 weeks 0 days and one at 37 weeks, due to rh sensitization. Both times baby was ready & needed no help breathing outside of a little chest PT. No NICU or separation. My husband was the one to do the chest PT. As for how it feels, well, its not very pleasant, but its not that bad either. One I watched, one I didn't watch. I think the one where my eyes were closed actually was easier. I would say its not as painful as you might think, but...
My husband knows about massage and he does do the massage for me about 4-6 weeks after c/s. He digs in and breaks up the scar tissue. I have had 3 c/s and each time they find very little scar tissue. I credit that mostly to the massage. I highly recommend it!