or Connect

Posts by thisisbabbleon

Wow how time flies!  My twins were born 4 months ago today!  In the end we made it 33.6 weeks before the team decided that my mysterious losses of fluid were too great a risk and we had an emergency-ish c-section.  Our girl, River Luna and boy Raven Jay arrived safely but had mild complications resulting in NICU stays of 30 and 35 days.  But we have made it through it all happy and healthy!  I like to look down at my healthy babes and think, "selective reduction my ass!"
A friendly reminder to drink lots of water in this summer heat!  I went in last week for a routine ultrasound and was immediately admitted for having extremely low (almost no) fluid!  I felt great, looked great, no signs of leakage or rupture but there we were planning for an emergency c-section at just under 32 weeks!  Two days of IV fluid, lots of water and bed rest and 5 days later I was sent home-with babies in belly!  Tomorrow we hit 33 weeks and the plan is to keep...
Thought I would post a little update instead of just lurking around.   Tomorrow we hit 33 weeks!  The gestational diabetes is mainly under control.  I am on insulin morning and night and working hard to manage my diet so things have been going along well.     Our one big shake up came last week when I went in for a routine ultrasound and was immediately admitted for having next to no fluid!  I thought I had been drinking more than enough water but I guess not!...
25 weeks!  The Gestational Diabetes has kicked in so I started insulin this weekend and we are working on finding the right dosages.  I now have a disabled parking permit and a wheel chair so I can still get out of the house without pushing my activity too much.  I feel more confidant each day and have finally relaxed enough to start buying a few things for the babies!
SO I am 25 weeks along with twins and the GD hasn't gone full blown and can't be managed through diet and the Glyburide.  So today I started the insulin.  It's a huge pain!  Measuring the doses, stabbing myself with the syringe and then serious carb and diet counting.  Not fun so avoid it if you can!     But the hardest part for me is eating the recommended amounts of carbs.  I am sitting here obsessing how I am going to eat 30-45 grams of carbs for lunch!  
It still breaks my heart and my boy is now 26 months old.  He was born at 28 weeks and spent 48 days in the NICU.  I blogged through the whole experience and every once in a while I go back and read those posts or watch the videos and my heart breaks all over again.  Now I am 20 weeks pregnant with twins and just dread having to go back to the NICU again!  
Thanks for your replies!  I love my OB guy because he really was amazing during my emergency c-section 2 years ago.  He is the head of the department at the hospital and has always been invested in my care and well being.  But I was totally thrown by the selective reduction offer!    I feel that it was kind of extreme and out of the blue.     We see the MFM person on April 4 and I am looking forward to that.  I am also looking into a midwife for moral support through...
We learned we were having twins at our 12 week ultrasound and had a follow up visit with my doctor the next week.  When he heard the results he was obviously not happy that it was twins.  He immediately let me know that I was a candidate for "selective reduction".  I said, "Is it that bad?"  and he said, "Well, yes."   I guess I am considered extremely high risk because 1-twins, 2-diabetic, 3-history of PROM (premature rupture of membranes).  My water broke at 26...
  Name? (if you feel like it) Laurie   You and maybe your partners age at the birth?  me-will be 39 DH-will be 36   Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both?  two separate everything   What number of kids will is be for you?   #2 & #3   Genders? Will you be finding out?   want to know ASAP   EDD and or planned birth timing?   September 15   State you live in?  Illinois    Anything else you want to share?  Our two year...