or Connect

Posts by mamabelle

Ok, so the leapPad came today and I'm trying to check it out... kind of freaking out about copyrighted characters and how to fit this gizmo into our lives, but I know my just about 3.5yo is right on the cusp of being ready for this. Anyway, just thought I'd share that the instructions are irritating in that they apparently feel the need to tell me not to incinerate batteries!?!?!! Just tell me how to work the thing!   Anyone have any recommended apps or games? 
I've had the flu for 2 days so I had a chance to catch up on things (well, computer things that don't require moving much!).   Iris just cut tooth #8 (4 on top, 4 on bottom). She's walking and recently her long hair has been in pig-tails so she looks SO BIG. I almost get baby fever, but not really. IF (big IF at this point) I ever want another baby, DS (3.5yrs) will be in kindergarten. DH wants another whenever though so we will have to be careful. My cycles haven't...
Thanks so much, mamas! I am encouraged by your responses & how much I see my 3-year-old really wanting to work my phone (not even a smart phone) and our camera. I will check it out and let you know how it goes!   Happy New Year :)
So... my dad sent the kids christmas presents and they are always the worst (HUGE, noisy, light-up toys for our tiny house). I've always donated them, usually before the kids see them (they get a ton of toys, we have a close extended family so this isn't as mean as it sounds!). This year they sent a box of wrapped presents so I couldn't weed them out first. They sent my son a disney "me reader" that I am going to sell or trade (basically reads books to your kid so you...
Thank you for the input! We are passing on this opportunity :) Trying to stay healthy for the busy birthday & holiday time just around the corner! Take care.
Thoughts on exposing 10.5 month old to chicken pox?   I have lots of thoughts on this, but would love some help thinking this through. My kids are not vaccinated for CP and DS has not had them yet (he's 3). A nurse at our ped's office estimates the vaccine rate for CP to be ~50% in our community so I'm thinking there will be more opportunities... but I have come across conflicting information about babies (<1 year old) contracting it. Any experience or thoughts on this?
I love the train party pics jbk! We also threw a train party for our son's 3rd birthday this summer. My husband and I actually built a train out of duct tape and cardboard (we live around the corner from an appliance store) and recycled paint (friend works for household hazardous waste collection and they are always collecting half used cans of paint). The kids loved playing in it and it was practically free! I decorated a batch of sugar cookies and small wooden train...
Sorry to hear about the ER visit and being so sick Joanie, that totally sucks. I hope you are fully recovered soon.   Ash, my first definitely went through that with teething and was always a small kiddo (2nd percentile at one point), so I worried about getting him enough food. One thing that went over well was smoothies and smoothie popsicles. You can use whole milk yogurt (protein and fat!) and whatever else you want (bananas, berries, we've even snuck spinach and...
OK, I totally abandoned this group for MONTHS when I went back to work and life got tooooo crazy, but I came back to reading this thread and the sleep thread and have been soaking it up! You ladies are wonderful, and I love hearing about all these 9 month old babies.    Iris comes to work with me and is still nursing steadily (and spitting up infrequently- it was bad at first, but less than once/day now) and is getting into solids. She's been getting mildly...
We don't usually celebrate on the actual holiday because everything is so nuts, but we're actually meeting for lunch in the middle of our workday at my favorite restaurant. DS will be at preschool, so just DD will be with us so it will be a little bit mellow. For dinner we will just have a nice meal at home and I'm baking something special. Hoping I will be completely over this cold that I can't seem to kick!    We don't do gifts (though I did tell him I would...