or Connect

Posts by Treasuremapper

Yes, me too.    Our dd was not in the NICU, because she was 8 days old when her problems surfaced.  I still have flashbacks. She is seven years old and I had a year of therapy just trying to get over the feelings.   My dh has to take her to the dentist, bloodwork and shots... anything even slightly invasive terrifies me.  I have panic attacks and dread and terror every time she gets sick.  I do not have those feelings at all when our older daughter gets ill or...
Thank you, Moongazer. I had not even considered Penneys!
Yes.  I think Tony Attwood says that parents sometimes get a charm bracelet of diagnoses, all pointing to Asperger syndrome, but no overall diagnosis of Asperger's.     We had a charm bracelet of diagnoses -- asynchronous development, auditory processing disorder, spd, etc., etc.  But, believe it or not, her life started changing for the better at school when she received a diagnosis of autism. Once she had that diagnosis, all sorts of formal protections started to...
Our 7 y.o. dd has autism, specifically Asperger syndrome or HFA.  She is in first grade and she is trying desperately to fit in with the other girls.   She has very strong clothing preferences, and she is plus sized.  We were just putting her in larger clothes, but she ran through all of the clothes at Justice, her favorite store.    She insists that her clothes be blue, and she has severe sensory issues.  Her tummy is very sensitive to waistbands, probably due...
We love our public school.  There were some VERY rocky moments during the first nine weeks, but frankly, we had rocky moments when we were homeschooling, too.   The school figured out that our dd is different, has asperger syndrome and is gifted, and then they worked incredibly hard to individualize her education. So she started out with some heartbreaking meltdowns, where the teacher did not understand, but since that time, this awesome teacher (who I thought was...
I have a CogAt scoring question. DD is in special education for autism and speech, specifically for asperger syndrome and social pragmatic language.   She is in first grade, seven years old.   She took the CogAt and got all questions right on one subsection, and missed one question on each of the other two subsections.  I do not know her raw scores or her scaled score or her letter. But I am dying of curiosity about what this means.  She completed all of her...
In our daughters' school, we all kick in money for a class gift. Are we supposed to send something personal, too?
edited.
edited.
What is the tennis ball dude?