or Connect

Posts by Mama4life14

Yay OtherMother!! So happy for you! A quick labor! Glad you are happy with everything!!
I just found this link and it makes me feel better about the fussiness my little girl is experiencing. Who knew that babies have a "normal" fussiness period! And she's right on with a growth spurt. That explains a lot! http://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussybaby/ Hope that link works!
I'm struggling a bit too. My DH has been on holidays and he's been helping a lot when he's home, but he's been gone some evenings and when I am alone with the 2 kids I get pretty overwhelmed. My newborn seems to just cry for no reason. She roots and wants to nurse, so I nurse her, but she cries at the breast and doesn't want to nurse longer than 2 min. Then I get her to burp, thinking its gas. Then I'll change her diaper if it needs to be done then bounce her on the...
I don't know if there are any specific albums for childbirth, but the one song that I kept listening to during labor was Aftermath by United. It's a beautiful Christian song that just helped me focus on the fact that I am in Gods hands and not my own. It was comforting to me. Not sure if its your cup of tea, but thought I'd share. It helped me a lot
Great idea TJ! I started my pregnancy at 120 lbs and ended at 155 lbs. I'm down to 133 lbs already at 3 weeks PP. I think nursing, what seems like around the clock, is helping my weight go down. And just like you TJ, I snacked a LOT while I was pregnant, and I'm also finding that habit to be really hard to break!! I'm also really enjoying sweets like gluten free cookies and anything with sugar... I have been staying away from dairy because I think it's been making my baby...
Great story Voondrop!! Congrats on your little one!
I look forward to reading your birth story when the time comes Kitteh Thanks everyone for reading!! I love to share this story with whoever will listen! Such an awesome experience
I was sure blessed to have such an awesome hospital birth experience!!I think the MW's did some perineum massage and stretching for me as she was coming out but I'm not totally sure. I remember one MW saying to the other about supporting the perineum. But my DH says he doesn't think they did any. So I'm not totally sure. I could have definitely done it myself if I would have thought about it. So maybe you will be able to when you're pushing if you feel the need.As for the...
I originally had a June 2 due date but was moved to May 29. So I jumped between DDC's. Here is her birth story! Thx for reading On Sunday, May 12, at 37w4d. I had started getting some labor symptoms. Called my midwife and got assessed to find out I wasn't in labor. I was happy that I wasn't, but was preparing for it to be any day. My sister in law, a certified Doula, was flying down on the 15th and staying for 2 weeks, hoping to catch our birth in that time. I was...
Lily Elizabeth's Birth Story I finally got around to writing out my birth story. Sorry it's so long! But hope you enjoy. Thx for reading On Sunday, May 12, at 37w4d. I had started getting some labor symptoms. Called my midwife and got assessed to find out I wasn't in labor. I was happy that I wasn't, but was preparing for it to be any day. My sister in law, a certified Doula, was flying down on the 15th and staying for 2 weeks, hoping to catch our birth in that time. I...