or Connect

Posts by Janeen

I actually was part of your group and got kicked out because I don't own a car and a lot of your meet ups are outside of La Crosse or at the very least, outside areas where the buses serve. I wasn't able to get to any events within a month's time and got booted.    
No, unfortunately not. I think a lot of people are just busy this time of year. There are some parenting groups I've seen pop up but they tend to be for parents with a car, a bit of money, and lots of time on their hands and all I have is the time. ha ha ha Sadly, I'm not as natural as I used to be. I'm having to give up the cloth diapering at the moment because our washing situation is getting to be a massive pain. We share washing and drying machines with 5 other...
I so hear you on this! I feel more for my older daughter though as there are times I end up crashing with the baby because she won't sleep without being attached to me. We're still adjusting to being back in the US after being in South Korea and my older daughter and husband got home 5 months after I did. I returned last May to have the baby. I feel like nothing gets done especially on days I can barely get any food for myself much less the two kids.   I remember...
Right now, we don't have the money and we just all got back here from South Korea after being there for close to two years. Moves are expensive unfortunately and you can't be sure that everything will fall into place when you do move (as my older sister is finding out when she decided to up and move to Tennessee). I know my husband would love to get out of this area but again, it takes money and quite a bit of it.
No, I'm in WI, pooh. Setting up those meet-up groups aren't cheap either. There is a MOPS group but the registration fills up fast and I imagine that costs money too. The meet and greet for the group is in a park I can't get to. There are PLENTY of nice parks in this town that are easy to get to and I'm even four blocks away from one of them but NO, someone goes and picks one of the few parks that is off the bus route. It's just SO frustrating. My husband doesn't get it....
What I'm finding really frustrating right now is that when I try to join mom groups, I don't fit in at all. Both of the meet up groups in my town don't just meet in town but all over the area. Well, I don't have a car and I don't drive. I rely on the bus and the bus does not go all over the place. It doesn't go into the really affluent areas of town either which seems to be where a lot of these moms live. Not to mention, many of the events cost MONEY. Again, I'm poor. I...
Because some parents believe in letting the child decide when she/he is done with nursing. I nursed my daughter past the age of four. It definitely wasn't my original plan but shortly after she turned 2, we decided to move to South Korea and I didn't want to push her to wean at such a transitional time. Ending up not having much of a choice two years later though when I returned to the US to have my second daughter but by then, she was able to go without it.
I hear you on the free fun! lol Speaking of Farmer's Market, on May 27th there will be baby animals there. Been telling everyone that since we're planning to take our girls that day. I think it's from the usual 4-8 time but I'll double check when I go by there on Friday, I'm hoping, during all of my errand running (not always easy to do on the bus, let me tell you!). Trying to figure out what all we're going to be doing this summer as it's the first summer my daughter is...
I guess Georgia is on my list of states to avoid now. Tennessee was on there before (which is sad as my sister moved there) due to their no NIP laws after 1 year but they recently changed that. I mean really America, get over it!
It's the same in Korea where we lived until recently. There just isn't the room a lot of times for the kids to sleep separately from the parents.   I see both sides. On one hand, I do think it probably is better for the children but on the other hand, my husband and I sleep in separate rooms because I am not able to sleep with the kids. I am a horrible sleeper and need to have my own space in order to sleep so my husband sleeps in the bedroom with our two kids and I sleep...