or Connect

Posts by Janeen

Would love to check out the Children's Museum sometime when we have a little extra money to go as I've yet to take my five year old there. We not too far from Copeland and I know the bus goes by other parks in the area too so it would be great to meet up sometime.
Also live in La Crosse with two girls ages 5 and 9 months.
We're here in La Crosse, WI and neither of my two girls have had any vaccines. My older daughter is five, only got the Vitamin K shot (she was born via cesarean so I was concerned) but was never vaccinated. We even went to South Korea for close to two years and she never received any vaccines. My younger daughter will be 9 months on Wednesday and never got even the Vitamin K shot (she was also my VBAC baby) and no vaccinations for her either. The ped we see gives us the...
There's a singer by the name of Priscilla Herdman who has a CD out of lullabies and night songs, the title is Stardreamer. My girls love it. I went looking for it before my older daughter was born due to a song I remember hearing when I was in second grade called Waltzing with Bears. There are a number of good songs on there, some traditional and others not as well known.
I know that there are a number of natural parenting moms in the Tuesday Mom group at the Family Resource center but the group itself is mixed up. Don't know of any actual natural parenting group in La Crosse though. It would be nice to meet up with other moms who do more of the natural parenting stuff. I'm sort of in the middle, there are some things I do, some things I don't, some I could improve on. Just really been needing to find more moms to meet with period...
I totally agree with all of this. I never realized how LONELY being a parent can be. No matter where I live, I'm dealing with near constant loneliness. I'm not the greatest at making new friends. It's hard for me and it doesn't help that my husband follows a very strict, non-mainstream religion so many of the things that tend to join people together (like holidays), I might be able to participate in but my kids aren't supposed to and my husband would never join in so...
The book, Nourishing Traditions talks a little bit about this and I think it is due to the fact that we as a species started out as a hunter gatherer species and not as an agricultural species. Therefore, our bodies have not really evolved to concern certain things at young ages and babies especially do not have the enzymes to digest grains (and this day and age, grains are not prepared in a way that makes it easier for adults even to digest them, most are...
Oh ouch, according to that chart, my daughter went from 51st percentile down to below 1 percentile! Yikes! She's just NOW up to past the 2nd percentile as of her six months appointment when she was at 12 lbs and 11 oz. I haven't been keeping up with height as much though but I know she's like an inch behind where her sister was at 6 months.    
You think that's bad, mine dropped WEIGHT between two and four months. Talk about FREAKED! I can't remember what her percentile was but she was 11 lbs and 7 oz at 2 months and she dropped to 10 lbs and 12 oz at just past 4 months. The ped sent me home with almost 100 bottles of formula and talked me into having her be given a bottle at the appointment (especially since I was there with both girls for their appointment). He was also saying that if we didn't get her weight...
My little one is 8 months old and so far has had bananas, apple sauce, sweet potatoes, avocado, and peas (which I won't be doing again for awhile because she ended up with a yucky mucousy diaper after eating them). Oh and I sometimes put in some coconut oil with the sweet potatoes to try and get some fat into her since she's so skinny. She's also gnawed on a few apple slices in her time and in fact that's what had me really starting to give her solids was when she...