or Connect

Posts by jbk21

Abra, I don't recall having ever brought up any science or health claims about my vegan diet.  That is why I don't think it should be on the table for discussion in this context.  I don't eat animals because I find the idea repulsive.  Period.  We all know i was vegetarian during my pregnancy but that is a different discussion entirely.  I don't think that means veganism fails any sort of health claims because I wasn't making those claims to begin with.  I absolutely...
Christina, Abra asked me why I felt that WAPF and Fallon are propaganda artists.  I answered candidly.  She also brought my own diet into it, though I don't recall ever asserting that my diet is superior to GAPS.  I have seen the GAPS thread here, and GAPS has been mentioned in chit chat threads and BLW threads as well where there have been assertions about potatoes being toxic and unfit food, and raw liver being a great first food.  I eat potatoes.  A lot of mothers...
Amanda you are such a tease.
  I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but I am not comparing veganism vs. WAPF.  I just know that WAPF/GAPS/nourishing traditions/paleo are replete with faulty logic and pseudo-science.  I could not care less what people eat, or if they are vegan. I don't think everyone can or should be vegan.  I just don't like the faulty logic and misinformation.  I'm not vegan because of science or fad dieting or because I think it will be a cure-all.  I'm vegan...
I somehow missed this the first time. There were a lot of problems, illness, and disease before there was modern food production and preservation methods.  I don't understand why you hold that as the optimal solution?  We live in a modern culture and modern society with these modern technologies.  I want my kids to thrive in THIS society, despite its failings.  We aren't in a village, we aren't cavepeople.  I mean we are posting to this very site from our iPhones and...
  Word.
Great response, Katie.   I want to clarify that I don't believe a vegan diet is for everyone, and that each person's dietary needs are different from any other person's.  I just hate faulty science 
I really can't devote much time to this discussion but you asked and I did bring it up, so I'll just throw out a few points and you can look into them at your leisure.  Sally Fallon gives horribly inaccurate breastfeeding information- going so far as to say that breastmilk isn't healthy for most babies. She's pretty unapologetic about her stance on bf-ing. She recommends homemade infant formula recipes, some containing raw liver.  I think it is dangerous at best for a...
Oh, I think it's fairly common sense that offering more nutrient dense foods would, of course, mean that kids would eat more nutrient dense foods.  I was just teasing- my kids are vegan, so obviously we eat a lot of nutrient dense foods.  Kids also go through phases where they will only eat certain things.    Obviously where we differ is what we define as nutrient dense.  I think Sally Fallon and WAPF are propaganda artists  so we don't eat the same way you do but I...