or Connect

Posts by beautifulmoon

Beth - Migraines have always sounded so terrible to have to suffer through.   LaBruja - that's fantastic news!   Afm: Got rid of two bags through Freecycle, and have another box ready to go. the shelter is a great idea, but I don't have a way of getting my stuff to one. I still have to keep all of SIL's stuff because she remembers, and at least a few outfits from MIL for when she visits. But still--liberation! And it's nice to be able to help others. the women...
It's good to know that you all don't feel guilty about returning things. Part of my problem is that the in-laws know what they gave us and expect us to use them. My SIL gave us such grief about the "My Auntie Loves Me" outfit she gave us. She asked DP about it every time they talked on the phone (this went on for months). I had already left it with MIL, and we had to make some excuse about misplacing it at MIL's house when SIL came to visit. But she still brought up the...
FB - I understand about being careful about your web presence. I think I'm fairly paranoid about it but after reading the nyt article a few weeks back, I think I'm not paranoid enough. I have my real name in the Who's Who doc, and my anglicized middle name as my profile's first name.    lifeguard - It sounds like you handled things very well. Those situations are hard to handle on the fly, but your response sounds reasonable and helpful. I think a follow-up email...
Thanks for the input about the pain. I'll look into it. I hadn't considered an infection.
Sex -- We've tried twice but it still hurts too much. We use plenty of lubrication. I asked the mw's nurse about it and she said that sometimes it takes 6-8 months for things to heal. So that's that. DP is very patient, and we're both so tired. We were always more a snuggling and kissing couple anyway.   Beth and others -- I read an article a long time ago about how the breastfeeding movement is another way of controlling women (I'm paraphrasing from my faulty...
Beth, I friended you on FB, but I couldn't send a message with it. (it should arrive as Quinn) Would love to join the group! I too would feel more comfortable sharing details and pics on a private group.    Lifeguard, I was relieved when I found out the word for what DD was like. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, that I couldn't ever make her happy. But now she seems to me just strong-minded and aware of her surroundings.   Amy may, I'm so impressed...
^ so great! I love it!
I was interrupted in the middle of my posting. So let me add a few things I missed:   livacreature That's outrageous of your MIL. Incredibly rude.   pi The last night of weaning sounds so bittersweet. 5 years is a beautifully long run.   chelsea hope your night goes alright. I know how precarious sleep time can be, and if one thing goes off track  . . .    starling happy birthday to your daughter!!!         
pants I started putting her into pants lately when I learned on this thread that those footie sleepers are supposed to just be pajamas. (I don't have a lot of dresses for her because tights don't seem comfortable to me.) I wanted to see what I thought about dressing her up. It's so cold here that she either has to wear pants or two or more layers of sleepers.    housecleaning I'm slowly getting through the backlog of housework that needs to be done. Every once in...
^ not telling -- is that blood on the window? whoa!   I'm reading along but can't keep up with writing.  I love hearing about what's going on with everyone, though. I get so many good ideas.   DD is over her cold and is back to gurgling and talking as usual. She's drooling a lot and her gums are bumpy, but I don't see any telltale white bumps yet. today I decided to get out and about today but she wasn't so much into it. She fussed every place I stopped at and...