or Connect

Posts by Lory

Really good post! That Jake guy really creeps me out though. It seems like he deflected most of your arguments by saying it's not worth his time.
The device is worn most of the day I think, it's the manual tugging that's only for a few minutes because it's hard for someone to just pull on it with their own hands all day, you know? So I think the device is more of an all day thing. I would imagine it works faster than manual.    
There is surgical restoration, which is pretty rare, and I think it does involve taking skin from elsewhere and putting it on the end of the penis. The most common restoration is non-surgical, where a man pulls the remaining skin over the head for a few minutes a day, or uses tape or a device like the TLC Tugger to do so. Eventually this promotes new skin cell growth and the skin covers it entirely, looks and functions pretty much like a real foreskin (though it doesn't...
I think Marilyn Milos would be happy to talk to you! I called her once and she was really friendly. I'm sure she would help someone outside of the U.S.. it's not the same as finding a doctor to go to, but she is an RN and she'll answer your questions. (415) 488-9883
He's only four and a half? Most boys are nowhere near retraction at that age... the doctor does not need to be touching his penis, or at least not pulling the foreskin back. The retraction by anyone other than your son is what could damage it and cause scar tissue. The foreskin is supposed to be tight at that age and will retract on its own, often as late as the teenage years.   If he can urinate, and as you say it is painless, he is perfectly fine. There is nothing...
As far as doctors in your area who won't pressure you to circ, I really like this list:   http://www.thewholenetwork.org/intact-friendly-doctors.html   Concerning your other questions, I'll leave that for everyone else to answer since they probably know a lot more about it than myself. I will say though, that I think it's really odd that after only the second UTI they told you the only solution is circumcision... I have a feeling if you called or e-mailed a...
Exactly. Even if I knew my son would want to be circ'd later in life, I wouldn't do it as a baby because it's much safer on a fully-grown organ; if you circ a baby, you just have no idea how big his penis will get later; if it's too tight, that's all the skin he gets and he'll have tight erections and hair on the shaft... a man is done growing so there is no guessing game about size. Also, the foreskin will have already long detached from the head, so there is no...
I know there was a diagram about how to fix it, but I couldn't find it although it's very helpful. Lula's mom is right, but if you need the instructions in different words:   "First aid for this condition is simple. The head of the penis must be squeezed very tightly between thumb and forefinger. This forces blood out of the head and reduces the size. The foreskin can then be brought forward to its normal position. Application of ice may also be...
Try to focus on the babies you saved, and the domino effect it will have: The hundreds of intact boys will grow into hundreds of intact men, who will most likely keep their sons intact. They will all have girlfriends and ex-girlfriends who will realize that a foreskin is a good thing, and that itself may affect a whole bunch of people's views on circumcision. Each parent you convince not to circumcise may convince another parent not to by slipping it in the baby shower...
That's horrible... that poor little baby, I hope he was able to heal. He could have bled to death so easily...   I can't believe she didn't get a harsher punishment and is free now... I wonder if this would have been handled differently if she'd done this to a baby girl?