or Connect

Posts by AliceMay

We are currently in a "not so good" phase of bedtime - taking a long time - but a few months ago I transitioned from cuddling in bed with my daughter to sitting in a chair and reading to myself with a flashlight. Now, at least if it takes a thousand years (feels like that, right?) I can read. Interestingly, my daughter was REALLy clingy at bedtime and was into controlling how I lay on the bed and everything, so I figured this would be a tough sell but it worked pretty...
I am thinking a lot about this. My almost 2.5 year old has been dry during the days for a long time but night time is different. There was a time when she used to be waking up from naps and sleep dry but now that is rare! I heard that is a sign but I sort of have a feeling that maybe she just knows she has a diaper on and figures it's OK. She isn't a deep sleeper, and will often wake in the night, call me and I'll find she has a wet diaper, so it's not like she's in a very...
Thanks for the input. Last night I made a t-shirt (100% merino) "sleeve" for the diaper insert (covered with a PUL cover) and it worked very well. Though the diaper was wet it felt much dryer next to her skin. This is t-shirt material, and very thin and, as you point out, machine washable. I'll wash today and see how it goes. So now I'm just make a regular wool soaker to wear over this. I guess my main need was to get something to hold my prefold inserts, since they aren't...
Hi: My 2 year old is potty trained except for at night. We have generally used refolds as inserts for various covers (at night). My few PUL covers are just....passed it, and anyway, I'd rather use wool now.We never had many because we did EC a lot of the time, and used to do that at night when she was little until things just got...not as easy. ;) Sleep is important!  The prefolds are not big enough to use as "diapers" - as in, with a snappy or anything, just more to lay...
Thanks! Yes, I'm trying not to worry! I'm sure it will probably solve itself in time. And we will be going to the doctor when she is 2 so I can certainly talk to her about that.
In the last week or so my 23 month old daughter has started stuttering. And within that time it has got quite a lot worse. Beginning of sentences, repeating sounds "w-w-w-w-what's Mummy doing?" kind of thing. She started talking early and has been speaking in fluent sentences for months already. And she's a big talker - always chattering to us about what's going on. I've been doing some reading and generally I'm gathering we should just wait but I guess I'm looking for...
that's great! I still sort of wish my daughter wasn't averse to the potty (instead of the toilet) so that she could maybe take herself....but really, I'll take helping her on the toilet over diapers any day! For some reason, we had a few misses this morning, and I admit I had a moment if "oh no, our dry spell is over" but I'm sure it was just one of those days. And you know, sometimes one miss kind of gets you out of sync or something. Hope so - washing machine pipes...
Wanting to do a few yoga posses with my 21 month-old. So far I just do a few (some of the animal ones) and she sometimes tries them out. In a sense, it's mainly that I just want to do a little yoga, but I would love for her to feel like it was something we could do a bit together. I would love some resources that I could turn to for ideas. (preferably free??) Have requested a book from the library but wondering if there is anything online? When I search I keep coming up...
Yep. No short cuts! But just wanted to update - people here are so smart! I have been asking LESS and resecting the "no" and it is totally paying off. I know it may just be for a while, no straight lines on the road to EC, but it's still encouraging. She's telling me she needs to pee or poop now, and staying dry all day (and night) except for a pee in diapers a nap time. As I say, I am not expecting this to last or anything, but it is just nice. Best thing was undies...
Just need to respond since I feel like I could have written your post since many things are, or where, similar for us. Not that I have great advice or anything. DD is 20 months now, and we've just got back into undies after a spell in diapers. It is true that undies changes things - your awareness, her awareness.... I feel like we are at a bit of a transition stage and I've been thinking a fair bit about it, and observing. I noticed my daughter will tell me very reliably...