or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

They're all gorgeous! The TRIPLETS! They look so robust, absolutely darling. James will be 1 on September 8th. DH and I are so in love with him. These days he's really into swimming, hunting down the cat, eating everything he can get his hands on (especially chicken broth, cherries, crumbs off the floor, and a recent fave, bbq pork ribs) and "chasing" us and having us chase him. :) The photo is at the playground last weekend.  
Some great info, thanks for sharing. My kid also hates getting bundled up, but we've found a solution that works very well for babies that aren't walking yet ... I dress him like normal (onesie, pants, socks) and put a fleece sweatshirt on him and a winter hat. Then I dress normally as well and put him in the Ergo, put my warm winter jacket on and leave it unzipped, then tie our thick, warm waterproof cover over the Ergo, tuck his feet into the pocket and off we go. Our...
A Mei-tei is pretty simple to tie on and can be used this early and for a while. Go Grandma!
Mastitis - Ouch ouch ouch, I'm so sorry and I hope you're getting some rest & recovery time.   2+ kids - I applaud you! I am hacking my way through having just one kid!   Hyde, there is some chat on the FB group, but it's not really hoppin I wouldn't say . . . lots of pics though! And it's so fun to 'friend' everybody and get a glimpse into their 'real lives' versus what little we know based on MDC.  Love your video, she's so animated! I can relate a bit...
Nuku, so sad to hear about your mom, our thoughts are with you. Hope you're taking plenty of fish oil and eating foods high on b vitamins to combat the stress. Big hugs. Scented diapers? I am super super sensitive to smell and I never even knew disposable diapers were scented or even that some came scented! So glad this came up because we're taking a trip next week and I'm buying some disposables for it. I even hate using scented toilet paper or pads and can't imagine...
Same for us Teegan, shirts expose his big round belly! I am totally into a onesie with footed pants on top for around the house - warm feet and legs, easy diaper change with tummy staying covered and warm - but no shirt or socks to constantly adjust. And he can't lose the socks in the wrap. Win win win
DS and DH just walked out the door with the dog to walk in the forest for 1.5h . . . DH's first time taking the baby in the car on his own or in the Ergo on his own, and the dog's super wound up because I haven't been walking her since I hurt my ankle. He's taken him to the forest with me before, and with his parents, and in the baby bjorn, so it's not like it's the very first outing or something but I have to admit that I have a bit of a knot in my stomach! I know I...
I wish I had some advice but have none. Hope things get better soon and big hug to you and your DH. My LO was spitting up all of a sudden for a few days and it seems to have stopped now, and his poos are always seedy but besides that they vary quite a bit even over the course of one day - green to gold to orange, thick, thin, meager, abundant etc. He also does fussy fussy crying jags but it's never been all night without sleep. Does it help if he wears her? Or holds her...
Love to hear about the babies traveling, looking forward to hearing how it goes + any tips!    Next month we're taking a 4-5 hour drive to our favorite spot to gorge on pasta and tiramisu . . . so funny because we have been making this trip a couple times/year for the last four years and staying at the same place, and now DH is coming up with all of these things we need to change - like saying that this or that restaurant might not like babies, the hotel is too far...
Have you had any problems pooping?  I had just a first degree tear that needed five stitches, and for the 1-3 days it was tender but I could tell it was healing, each day was easier than the last.  Then I noticed it was more tender, hurt to sit etc. and my midwives looked at it, checked the stitches, said everything was fine.  The next day it was slightly worse, checked stitches again and they kept telling me it looked great, almost healed etc, but it kept hurting, I was...