or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

What do you mean? I'm curious but not sure I understand the question :)
    From what I read the problem with the baby bjorn is that the strip of fabric that he's sitting on (that runs between his legs) is too narrow, so there's too much pressure on his baby bits and his hips aren't splayed out enough so his legs just dangle.  So I folded up a thin flannel receiving blanket and placed it in the seat area so that in the direction from his back to front it's the same size as the baby bjorn, but wider than the baby bjorn in the hip to hip...
Forgot to ask, when you have the baby legs froggied and in the sling (or wrap) where do their feet end up?  It always seems like his feet end up right next to each other directly under his bottom, which seems uncomfortable/strange, and the two feet are never in exactly the same position.  Is that a problem for him or just for me? ;)  And he is now constantly trying to stand up when I put him in so his legs don't naturally fall into a froggy position.  Does that mean its...
In the house I use the ringsling (tummy to tummy), the baby bjorn (with small folded blanket in the seat to keep his hips splayed), and much less frequently the woven wrap in a front wrap cross carry (like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RHyUi3OOb0).  For the first few weeks only the baby bjorn really worked well, now the ringsling is great, so I should really give the woven wrap another try! Outside I am loving the Ergo, we have the old insert that I use in...
We give James one drop of 20'000 ui/ml D3 each day.  
So last night I was feeling tired and frumpy and sorry for myself so while I was walking the crying baby around the block I made this big list of things I wanted to do to start feeling more like myself again . . . and this morning I made a point of getting up early, taking a bath, drying & straightening my hair, put on some make-up and a dug through my closet to pull together a cute outfit, all while managing the baby, and I was feeling pretty good! Walked out of the...
Jend, now that DS is a bit bigger and better at holding up his head I am loving the Ergo.  You 'need' the insert until 12lbs and 3-4 months (good head control & ability to spread legs nice n wide).  I got the old style insert for $10 from my neighbor instead of buying the new one for $25 (I hate spending $$!!) . . . It's basically just a u-shaped blanket with a pillow around the edge that holds his head in a little bit.  If you sew at ALL you could easily make one, wish...
I will definitely keep posting here, no way do I want to lose contact with Hyde and any other non Facebookers.  Also I'm always wary to post anything too personal or baby or birth related on FB because it goes out to such an audience and I can never really tell who can see what, so MDC is great for that. And I can't vent/rant/complain/cry about in-law visits on FB because I'm friends with too many family members!! haha.    That said . . . I am SO gleefully adding and...
Just a really quick fly by because it's almost 4am here and DS is finishing up his nursing sesh... For my fellow 2-hour sleep stretches during the night mamas - only anecdotal so far but the three times I have put James in the sleep-sack we have had miracle 3.5-4 hour stretches of sleep!! He's never slept more that 2-3 (3 is generous and rare) hours without this thing. I put him in a longsleeve onesie and no pants, just the sack. Had him weighed today, he's six weeks and...
Don't know if this will help, but FWIW, our LO wouldn't go in any carrier unless we were literally outside walking but once outside he'd fall asleep quickly but would wake up if I tried to transfer him to bed. Then I realized that if he was deeply asleep in the carrier I could go inside and do chores and cook, moving the whole time but at least getting some stuff done and he would stay asleep in the carrier. Regarding daytime sleep, we did something similar for a few...