or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

Oh Hyde, I did a little fist pump when I saw your post.  That is a GREAT idea! I love nothing more than watching birth videos and can't wait to see what everyone's favorites are. Here's a great one about making a cesarean a more natural experience, kind of long but good info if you know you're headed for a planned c/s.   An all-time fave of a french woman smiling and laughing and just looking darling and so happy during her birth:   This is the video they...
MissE,  I'm packing my bag tonight! I should have done it a week ago.  Hope that babygirl stays a bit longer and that your GBS is negative!   Judybean & Ava'smama, the pregnancy dreams are so vivid and realistic aren't they??  During my first tri I remember dreaming of horrible, really horrible disgusting things and it sticking with me all day.    Thank you very, very much to everyone who posted about their healthy early baby <3 LO has moved even further down,...
I also loathe putting the laundry away - European apartments still don't believe in closets!! Love your description of the dream date <3 <3 <3 Especially the farm to table part, we also go that direction when looking for good restaurants.   What are your farm-to-table type dreams?  Do you long for honeybees or chickens or a backyard garden? Dream of a good source of artisan cheese or bread? :)
Carlin, I've been doing the same with the baby clothes . . . sorting though stuff I bought as a big lot (0-12m!) from an acquaintance plus all of the stuff we've been handed down and gifted. Found some sweet, sweet things and some hilariously bad outfits.  I'm ditching all of the "lil slugger" type stuff, but keeping one (american) football onsie that I know will make DH laugh. The sleeper-jams are what really get me, mmmmmmm babies! and especially the pre-worn stuff...
  Wow Borderstories, that is really cool.  I know it sounds weird, but I'm just curious, which 'way' did he turn?  Down one of your sides?  A real somersault?  I've never really been sure of how the actual 'flip' works :)   FaliciaGayle, I hope you find something that works.  Sending you turning baby vibes :)  My brother and his wife felt like the rebozo was very useful for them to relax her uterus and give the baby space to turn.   
What a nice thread <3 <3 - I'm enjoying the little thrill I get when I see our boy's name written somewhere or hear someone say it.  (We haven't told anyone yet, so it's our little secret.)   - Receiving birth beads from my friends & family, with notes, and how nice the sentiments are that people have written   - Getting my house and life organized - it's feeling really good to see the tasks being crossed off the list!   - Boy's bottom-left hiccups and...
Oh boy, vent away!  Sounds like a bunch of small problems piling up at a terrible time.  Plus the whole mom/grandma part (would for me at least) just adds an extra emotional aspect to the problem - you obviously don't want to see your mom struggle or in pain, but at the same time were counting on her for help - I'm sorry.    The only possible thing I can think of is to do a childcare swap with a friend . . . can someone watch one or both kids for a full or partial...
Sweet baby Mae!  Calpurnia I'm so excited for you!!  
Had my 36 week appt with the midwife today, I'm 35w6d, and get this . . . she thinks the baby could come in the next couple of weeks!? I'm measuring 37cm, baby is low, and I'm 2-3cm dilated and my cervix is thinned down to just 1cm (60-70% effaced) and in mid-position.  I know that dilation and effacement can mean absolutely nothing in terms of when the baby's coming, so I wonder if she's right?  I don't want to get thinking that the baby could come soon and then lose my...
They are DARLING!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!