or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

Just wrote this whole post with personals and names even bolded and lost the d&mn thing!!! I'll try again but shorter because the baby is getting restless so I think I'm on borrowed time. Hyde, sorry about the smile, I'd be really bummed too. Got to love that emotional vs rational thought war after pregnancy! Omg and the comments about your MIL made me laugh! I have so been there and it's supremely irritating!! Nuku, can you look into the pocket and see the elastic? If...
Hyde, sounds like things are going really well. 2.5 lbs !! That's fantastic and I guess that's the nutrition your sweetheart's talking about, lol. I'm so so glad to hear it went well with your visitors. I'd been thinking of you when my visitors have been a pia and hoping you'd have it a little better! We also struggle to side-lie nurse, it's ok if the boob is mostly empty and he's just flutter sucking while he goes to sleep. For those voracious hungry first moments no...
We get mostly yellow with seeds and some green specks / seeds as well. The occasional greener poo but never foamy (apparently green n foamy is the foremilk imbalance poo). There's also usually one runnier and more orange colored poo per day. TMI but once he did an orangey yellow poo when I was changing him and I saw that it was distinctly part 'poo' and part 'water' and not a smooth mix of the two. Ah now that I think about it, he also sometimes has a small very green...
Motomom, we also have troubles in the carseat - I never take it out of the car so he starts purple crying before we've pulled out of the garage. I also feel anxious every time because the straps never seem to stay on his shoulders and the newborn insert pushes his belly forward, it just awkward. It's best if DH is with us, he drives and I sit in the back with my pinky in boy's mouth. My solution has been to avoid the car at all costs, I walk everywhere now. Maybe that'll...
Anyarose, it's completely understandable to feel tired, overwhelmed and like you have to appear strong and perfect at mothering, I think we've all felt this way to some degree. It's hard having people around when the baby is fussy and just wants to nurse and sleep in short segments. And it's hard caring for the baby yourself 24-7! Give yourself a big pat on the back and know that you have nothing to prove, you've already proven it! I felt a lot of what you've described and...
What are your babies going to be for Halloween this year? They don't celebrate it here but we're going to dress our little guy up anyway and take some photos of him I bought a light pink onsie and matching tights today because homeboy is going to be a plump, grunting, rooting, oinking piggy for Halloween! Lol! I'm so excited about it and my South African DH is so bemused by Halloween but he's totally on board! I'm going to make felt ears and trotters. Can't wait!
Oh Mama, that's rough. I don't have any advice on when to stop pumping but couldn't read and not write to tell you how great / sweet / funny / awesome and impressive it is that your kiddos always had a cuddle with a meal and the bottles held for them. How you're feeling is perfectly valid of course, but I hope you can look at your situation from an outsider's point of view . . . If you had a friend who was in your shoes I'm pretty sure you would feel such compassion for...
I am absolutely loving this thread, I even check for updates on my cell when I'm awake nursing in the middle of the night! I wish I were on my laptop so that I couCld respond to each picture because they're all so great - especially the family shots
In-law vent, again! There have been a couple mosquitoes around because they leave every window wide open all the time - but really not many . . . and today I went outside with the baby because we were all about to walk to dinner and I was ready first and that way the baby and I could look at the trees etc instead of him crying inside. When my FIL came down he said that it had taken  a minute because they wanted to spray insecticide while we weren't in the house because...
Motomom, I just realized that our boys were born on the same day! what you're describing was us two days ago and every night from 6-9pm. I could have written your post - especially about just wanting to eat and throw in some laundry, then getting frustrated and feeling bad. I eventually let him cry for the two minutes it takes me to throw together a bowl of cereal and dash back to eat it while he nurses. The two that really throw me off the deep end are wanting to brush...