or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

I've been doing some walking, swimming (ocean and lake, no laps) and a tiny bit of prenatal yoga.    Had a major breakthrough that released at least 90% of the pubic bone pain I was having.  It was bad enough that I was dreading evening time because that's when it was worst, it hurt to walk, stand up, lay down, you name it . . . I was doing some stretches and yoga before but nothing worked for more than a few minutes.  I started doing inversions off my couch or bed...
I've read both books, and thought they were quite different.  They're both about natural childbirth, but Birth Matters looks at birth nationally and worldwide - with some birth stories, but mostly serves to let people know where birth- (and maternal healthcare) stands at the moment and what we can do to improve things - on a larger scale.  There are some parts with information relating directly to 'your' birth but mostly it's about creating change in the birth/medical...
Where would you go on your 'won a million $$$' vacation??  Who would you bring?  
Hi Judybean, I'm getting a kick out of reading your Q&As :)  How did you get started with sewing?  What has been your biggest sewing success?  Have there been any complete sewing/crafting disasters along the way?  PS I also really liked the Hunger Games!  
I'm in awe of these handcrafted treasures!! Lucky babies!  
Hi Wendi, I also take Floradix Iron & Herbs and love it.  I hear it's one of the few non-constipating iron supplements. My midwife also mentioned that nettle tea is also a good source of iron, especially if you add a squeeze of lemon to increase absorption.  I've been drinking nettle tea for years, love it. Clipper is a great brand - some brands are bitter. 
Hyde & Help007, I'm right there with you on the cereal aisle. Haven't bought any in over 2 years but have been craving it a LOT lately - and even had two bowls of Special K for breakfast at a b&b the other day, in all of its high-heat, extruder-pressed, vitamin fortified glory.  It was SO TASTY.  The other strange one I've been after is Ovomaltine, it's a chocolate-flavored malted barley powder that I'm mixing into raw milk and letting sit in the freezer until it's...
Help007, that is very good advice, I really appreciate it.  That's exactly why I wrote, because I find myself reacting so emotionally when it comes to him and obviously I can really use some objective advice.  The brother-sister relationship is a complex one for us :) For some reason it's much easier for me to alter my expectations to fit better with behavior from my mom or husband, but maybe that's because I can more easily see where they're coming from because we are...
Maman, pain in the pubic bone! I'm feeling it too - I've been trying to narrow down what causes it but haven't found a definite answer yet.  Gets worse in the evenings, especially when getting up, or walking uphill, can feel it every time I roll over at night.  Mine seems to come and go throughout the last week.  We've been traveling though, so lots of walking, stairs, lugging suitcases, sitting for long periods etc. AFM, I have weeks worth of MDC to catch up on,...
Our LO was conceived on the 20th of December,  our first month TTC after being told that we'd have a hard time getting pregnant :) We were eating really well - doing a WAPF/GAPS style 'fertility diet' and I was charting, I remember noticing some particularly fertile CM . . . dancing my arms through the air dramatically and proclaiming gleefully to DH that 'the fertility window is wide open and the sun is shining in!'  Luckily he knew I was off my rocker before we got...