or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

MissE, I feel your pain regarding the weight gain! I'm also up about 13-15 pounds and not sure that I'm loving it.  When my belly feels firm and is nice n round I feel ok about the whole thing . . . but I have to admit that when I just look thick waisted and chubby I cringe.  So to counter that, I'm trying to make sure that I'm eating lots of vitamin and mineral rich foods, and doing my walking and prenatal yoga - makes me feel better regardless of weight gained.  Also,...
We had planned to wait until the birth but just changed our minds this morning at breakfast! Strangely, I hadn't even considered finding out until this morning and now I am beside myself with excitement!  U/S appointment is in 10 days!!   
Sounds like lots of babies are loving sleeping in the crook of mama's arm :)  Reading this thread has made me so eager for our baby to get here!  You guys sound like such great moms.  Like Carlin, I'm also curious to see what people are doing for naps.  
Love this idea, I'm due September 12th!
Hi Mole, thank you! I have no idea how I missed that entire thread!    lots of good info there.    
We're going to try cosleeping with this little one, our first :) but I could use some advice from you sage cosleeping mamas (and papas if you're out there)!   Does the arm's reach cosleeper or sidecar crib work for anyone?  I like the concept, but think that putting the baby back into the sleeper might be difficult to do without waking fully or waking the baby.    Anyone have success with a baby hammock? Anyone just push the bed against the wall and sleep with...
Carlin:  I also loved 'thinking women's guide' - the only thing I wishes she had done was include the tests & decisions that need to be made during pregnancy.  I would have loved that same level of research regarding things like ultrasounds and use of the doppler!! That's actually why I bought the book ;)  I definitely got a lot of value from it, regardless.    Girl w Dragon Tattoo series: Really enjoyed them but they would freak me out right now!   I...
Judybean, Carlin, and Madimamacita: I'm right there on the green team with you!  This is our first and I'm so curious to find out (mostly for planning purposes I must admit) but I think it'll make a really nice surprise.  I really want to keep our baby-related purchases to a minimum and have a lot of friends who are done having kids and giving away their baby stuff - but it's practically all gender specific and I feel like it's a bit cheeky to hoard it all until the...
B: bowl of oatmeal with half of an apple diced in, a few raisins, grade c maple syrup, raw milk   snack: two slices of dark sunflower seed bread toasted with butter and peanut butter, sprinkle of sea salt :0 so good.   L: spicy rice with scrambled eggs & vegetables mixed in D: (planned) meatballs with tons of onion, parsley, cilantro, with cucumber yogurt sauce and a big greek salad     I can't bear to list the delicious and unhealthy foods that I'm...
I'm definitely feeling less pregnant - I'm 14 weeks and have noticed that the nausea's waning and I am getting some energy and appetite for healthy foods again! Still looking chubby (maybe even downright fat!) instead of belly bumpish though.   Kat - I have also felt a little strange making the announcement to people - it feels like I'm playing a trick on them!