or Connect

Posts by MIrandaM

Maman, no crying and sleep in four hour stretches?!!!!!! I'm crazy about my baby but he's been a handful these last couple days. I'm jealous! We went to bed at 8pm last night because I'm just too tired to last any longer. Ds is three weeks old now! He's getting chunky and has much more personality. I love it. Breastfeeding has become so much easier recently, and my cracked, scabbed nipples healed but I am still in some pain. I have some nipple blanching, a painful...
Nukuspot that sounds totally exhausting.  I'll list out what we're doing because maybe something will sound like a good fit for you, but we definitely don't have it all figured out! :)   DS is 19 days old. We have fussy and wide awake mornings, from say 7am-1pm, with very little sleeping and lots of nursing.  He'll only sleep on my chest and even then it's super light sleeping. Then he is so chilled from 1-8pm, he'll sleep for an hour or two at a time, and nurse well...
James' cord came off after 4 days and looked really gross - kind of bloody with yellow ooze. MW said it wasn't pus and that it looked great (it looked disgusting to me), she had us wipe it with gauze and a little disinfectant with alcohol (what they use on your skin before an injection) every day. Worked like a charm. I put a tiny bit almond or coconut oil on the outside to counteract the drying effect of the alcohol on his skin. We gave him a bath with no soap at five...
Teegan he's so cute! Love that chunky arm!! The piggy noises are the greatest aren't they!! :) We call our boy 'the truffle pig' from this documentary we saw a few years ago about pigs trained to sniff out truffles in the french countryside, haha.  I can't get over how sweet he is, keep the pics coming! xo  
Evi, we had that problem for a few days and it cleared up on its own- it was like he suddenly realized that he wanted milk and my breast was the source. Before that he would have the nipple literally in his mouth and still be crying, shaking his head around like crazy and waving his hands around in protest! Hyde, I wish I had some good advice re your Mil. My in laws are coming on the 30th for a month, so I can sympathize completely We have come up with a few 'useful...
Had about three days of increasing long but essentially painless BH ctx before I went into labor. Half jokingly timed first ctx at 11:38am, thought I was just indulging myself Realized I was in labor about 2pm. Got to birthing center around 4, had baby at 7:06. I would say 7.5 hours grand total, 4-5 hours active labor but most of that was not so pleasant but completely manageable. Of the 4-5 hours only 2 were really intense and downright agonizing, that awful two hours...
Mittens, it sounds like you are so ready! In my very limited experience, even a soft and open cervix and a very low baby don't mean that birth is imminent. Everyone is different of course, but I was fully effaced, 2-4 cm dilated, and the MW could feel the baby's head right there for weeks, seriously a month, before I went into labor. My MW kept telling me it would be soon and it never was, until it was. Not what you want to hear, I'm sure.    Sorry to hear about how...
Ascher!! Good for you mama!! Sounds like you did an amazing job during your labor, and Benjamin Levi is such a darling name! Congrats!!!!!! xo  
Yay Monkeykeeper!!! Crazy story, very impressed!! Congrats!  
Oh Mole, my heart goes out to you. So glad to hear that beautiful S is a champion sucker and hasn't had any signs of brain damage. It'll be so nice when you're all home, holed up in bed nursing and cuddling. I hope that you have help lined up so that you get a chance to build your own strength up again after such a trial. I read a theory once that childbirth pushes you to the end of the Earth because that way by the time your child is born you already know that you would...