or Connect

Posts by callahansmama

My son is 13 months and he still just nibbles and plays with his food. He doesn't tolerate dairy but that was the only thing he really did eat a lot of! I find he grazes better and if I give him food as he plays he eats more but it can be messy. He will eat tiny amounts of everything on his tray at mealtimes and it seems like nothing at all but he is a hefty 26 lbs and all his blood work is great. He still nurses every 4-5 hours in the day and minimum twice a night and...
What about going to the park or indoor playground some days? I have a tricky situation too because we live in an extremely rural area where bears are a real concern so while I have a little play yard with a few toys in the yard, I tend to stay on my deck (we have a gate at the top of the stairs) when DH is not at home. Our deck is L shaped and goes around two sides of our house. My son throws balls for the dog and likes to run back and forth. I recently put a baby...
  My 13 month old son drinks most of his calories too although mine is huge and breastfed. He doesn't tolerate dairy although he loves it so I try to get him to eat as much as I can, sometimes to no evail. My strategies are to try to feed him solids before nursing (as opposed to the other way around when he was younger) and to try to give him 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Also, now that he is beginning to use untensils (he can sometimes manage to get something on...
A fishing trip is exactly what is on offer for Daddy to do the dirty work! lol
I used Olive oil and a fine tooth comb when my son was 4 months old and it never came back (13 months now). The only thing was that a lot of the hair on top fell out afterward and he looked a little funny for a while (still does look like he has a slight case of male pattern baldness!). I'm not sure why it happened as I was very gentle and his scalp wasn't really red or anything. Just something to think about it you have a girl:)
Hello! I am by no means a veteran mama but I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you that I feel for you and am going through similar things with my 13 month old. He gets nursed and then rocked to sleep and has all his life. In the past few months I have started to cosleep for the latter part of the night to preserve my sanity although he still wakes often no matter what. In the past week he has started to wake up when I put him down in his crib (this used to only...
Thanks:) He is strong, big and healthy and meeting/exceeding milestones so I am not really worried that he's not getting what he needs from breastmilk...more that I would like to be able to nurse a little less now that he's getting older. I still intend to nurse him on demand for who knows how long but he still nurses every two or three hours around the clock and I am feeling a little overwhelmed with it. I don't think its just for comfort as I can hear him swallowing. I...
Hey ladies, its a long long story but due to chronic diarrhea and undigested food in his stool, my son has been gluten/egg/dairy free for about a month and a half. Prior to his tummy troubles at 9 months old he was eating a varied diet of fruits, veg, meat, fish, grains, yougurt and cheese. He was exclusively breastfed until six months. Since restricting his diet to fruit, veg, rice, meat, and fish (still not the big answer for his diarrhea - waiting to see a...
The only thing that keeps me going some days is knowing that it's not just me!! Thanks for this thread:):)   Ds is almost 12 months and he has always been a poor sleeper. He is restless, doesn't settle easily and wakes often. He was doing 4-5 hour stretches before 4 months, since then it has been 2-3 hours at most. I try not to nurse him at every waking but he does drink quite a bit so I don't want to deny him. We think that he has gluten and dairy issues too so I...
Just watch the Multigrain ones as they have 6 grams of sugar per serving!!! The regular ones only have 1 I think:)