or Connect

Posts by sissah

Thanks for your reply. :) I ended up with a lactation consultant today who says it's not a clogged duct and thinks it may be an abscess in my breast, so I'm off to make an appointment to get it checked out. :/ Thanks for the help, though!
Hi all! I'm hoping someone can help. This is the second of three babies I've had his issue with and would like to remedy it before it's a problem. My first baby had zero issues breastfeeding. Milk was fine on both sides. My second baby, as my milk came in the upper right section of my left breast got incredibly hard and painful when my milk came in (i assume a clog) and never emptied as we breastfed or I pumped. The rest of the breast would be soft and that area still...
I haven't been on MDC in a while, but we're a Buffalo secular homeschool family - I have 6yo boy. We don't run into too many secular folks, but, then again, we don't instigate that conversation much since most of the folks in our groups seem to be religious, and we don't really care. But if you want to chat, I'm here!
I just thought I'd share this - I've been doing it for the past four years, and I have a great time every year. Basically, you sign up, make 10 ornaments, send them out, get 10 back. It was initially started by a design blog and had some AMAZING ornaments, but it's a little questionable since being hosted on swap-bot - some people just find it who aren't necessarily crafters and send out stuff that's less than awesome (I got a clothespin reindeer like the one I made in...
Hi Dr. Bob! Thanks, again, for taking the time to give me some advice on this one, and I just wanted to give you an update. I started cutting dairy out of my diet a week ago (though I'm sure some slipped through - I had no idea how prevalent casein was in foods!). And, it worked! Four days later, he started pooping again daily (actually twice each day), and they are back to a normal, breastfed consistancy. I didn't try the probiotic, but the dairy seemed to be the issue....
Thank you so much for your help! I'll definitely try and let you know how it goes!
It's totally legal as it's classified as a food and not a bodily fluid. There's an article in this month's wired I posted a link to a week or two ago talking about it. But yeah, you can buy or sell it, totally legal.
Why would an exclusively breastfed 9 week old have completely formed poop? About three weeks ago, our son stopped pooping daily, and as they've spaced further apart (now about once a week) have gone from liquid with seeds to a puree-like consistancy to a puree-like consistancy with some formed pieces to completely solid poops. He's very fussy and cries with everyone except me - to the point of hysterics, and recently has stopped taking a bottle from his sitters (I work...
Thanks, all, for your replies. Clearly, my DH doesn't actually believe our son doesn't like him - he's just fruatrated, and I totally get it. I'd feel helpless, too, if I couldn't comfort him - which is why I was hoping for some suggestions for getting him used to others. My sitter, grandparents and hubby are all trying to wear him and all the Happiest Baby ideas, but he's still pretty miserable.Our sitter called while I was at work Sat, and he was beside himself (and...
We cosleep, so maybe I'm ignorant about something here, but if a child has been in a crib with the bedroom door shut, why would they suddenly have a psychological reaction to being on a mattress with the shut door (that they never had access to before and could easily assume it never opened at night)? Likewise, I also see zero difference between a locked door and a gate the child can't get passed - so what if one allows you to see into an abandoned hallway? For those...