or Connect

Posts by dancingkeys

I really feel your pain. Our daughter slept well (3-4 hours up to 5 hours) until 8 months. Then every 1-2 hours for seemingly ever. She is 2.5 now, and usually gets at least one 5 hr. stretch in there. Sometimes up to 10 hrs if growing. I accepted it as part of her personality (high need for sure), which helped. At first I tried everything but cio. I wrote everyone I knew. I too tried to the "No Cry Sleep Solution", Bach flower remedy, etc. Some techniques from the book...
I have had this same frustration. And we have some classes available in evenings, but they are usually at 6p. I feel this is a horrible time, as it's right during dinner and before our bedtime wind down. It does totally suck. I'm jealous of the cool day time stuff!
This is really helpful. I don't have a lot of support locally from other moms who get it. I make time for fun when possible, but not working out, which is the main problem for me right now. I try to have a mantra of "this is just a chapter in my life". I know someday my kid will sleep all the time and never want to talk to me. Someday she won't want me to hold her all the time. This is the time for total attention, and I'll have the rest of my life for my own boring...
A lot of times the body craves things that are worst for it. For example, friend had to have peanut butter every day but got headaches and realized later that she was allergic to peanuts. I loved loved loved bread, but later found to have gluten intolerance. I craved bread when pregnant. I actually one time chewed a breadstick and spit it back out. (Gross, I know.) But I completely understand that strength of a craving that you would give in, even if it's not the best...
I see that this is really old, so hopefully you have had some luck! I had RA, which became more unspecified. I took plaquinil for years. Did ok being pregnant and nursing for 2 years without it. But now am having problems and have had bone loss. So back to it. But massage and acupuncture have helped tremendously. Strechy and walking seems to help. I also do a gluten free diet that helps alot.
From the Sears book, I chose Daptacel. It says this: Ingredients: 3 germ and toxoid components saline solutions 2-phenoxyethanol aluminum (330 micrograms--more than Tripedia, but that has mercury, less than Infanrix) formaldehyde Daptacael doesn't use cow tissues extract and uses half the amount of pertussis components. Pertussis components trigger most side effects, and less is not more.   This is one of the only ones we got for our daughter, but we...
Ah... I see. I wish we all had the freedom of choice in this matter.  
We do too, so we do an exemption for school but still get the ones we want. Maybe something to consider?    
I felt exactly like this until I adopted co-sleeping. It was the best solution ever, even though I didn't want to do it. She still wakes (age 2), but it's brief and usually not annoying. Teething and sickness make it worse. Also chiropractic adjustments help. With frequent waking, she almost always needs an adjustment. I don't really believe in sleep training, but I know it works for some people. It really is normal. I feel for you though. I hope someone can give you a...
That's a really good question. I've been considering this one as well. I'm selective, and we've done only the Hep B and DTaP (only Daptacel brand). I'm not a fan of the animal substances involved in the polio. (I myself had a strong vaccine reaction to MMR, so they all freak me out, but so do the diseases.) But, I think that when my daughter is older, we'll get it if travelling or if she chooses.