or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

^^^many of my LO's self-weaned around 18 months.  my first son did, my 4th as well.  pretty much once they stopped needing it they moved on and were so happy being independent.  i actually wasn't able to convince them to nurse longer!  they liked the freedom.  i still nursed for boo-boos for a little bit longer, but that was it.     fingers crossed for nights to come easily!!!
i'm just now facing the 'this might be the last time' and it's surprisingly intense for me!  i love babies (2 new ones at church and i want to steal them and snuggle them), i love my little toddler, i love my children.  part of me is ready to be done w/ being a manatee shaped seedpod for another human, and part of me will always cherish it.  probably good to stop while i'm still in love w/ this all!!!  this pregnancy has been so easy that i'm really kinda struggling w/...
nice thoughts!  he does like cucumber.  blueberries are his favorite food right now and he's being stubborn and often demanding ONLY blueberries multiple times a day.  but i do often make rice or quinoa cereal in the morning and could make his soupier b/c i still spoon feed that ONE food to him!
i'm feeling the same way about my thighs.  i was doing SO WELL at exercising up til these last 2 weeks.  but then rescheduling, husband travel, and honestly a lot more sickness around here (for the last 3 days the hubby!) have made me just have to back up.  not that exercise was helping my thighs.  but i felt like i was trying harder! so you don't feel bad, i'm NOT indulging in sweets and my saddlebags and love handles are INSANE!  hormones! getting BH towards the end of...
the only thing he does w/ any device filled w/ liquids is dump it (often forcefully if it doesn't easily spill) all over himself, his high chair tray, or anyone holding him....   lately i've been much better about drinking and have been nursing him 4-6x a day.  my supply has increased and he seems fine.  i'm just tired!!!  i would rather not be his sole source of liquids!!!
egads, i missed you ladies!!!     saw the title to this thread and had to catch up.   What are you doing to boost your immunity? daily- 5000iu vit D, 500 some measurement chelated magnesium, eating almost paleo (cheese joined the menu this week for the first time in 5 months), laying down by 9:30 almost every night and not getting up til baby does around 7:30, pilates, and laying down for an hour each day w/ a book or a dumb movie or just to close my eyes....
HUGS!!!! that's a LOT to be taking on and processing!!! my husband and i have had to step away from the NFP thing and reconsider as we just weren't at peace (after our 3 charting surprises) continuing having kids at the rate we were.  AND the sheer amount of abstinence, even w/ all our spirituality and closeness, was really wearing.  i've so loved being pregnant b/c we don't have the stress of pregnancy hanging over us.  but i'm exhausted and i can't be the mother i need...
thanks for the recommendation KellyBeth- i never found a sippy cup that worked for any of mine!  midwife came today and actually commented (as he nursed then before naptime) on how much milk i was still making after he gulped for a good 15 min     hoping he and i just went through a bug thing and are on the mend.   i've made it through before, just was worried that i couldn't supply all the liquid needs.  perhaps i just needed to drink a bit more!
right after birth. 2/10/2013, 8lbs5oz, 21 1/2 inches long (i think)   2/27 2014.  don't have updated stats!  but he did get much more handsome!  he started walking the week before his birthday.
ah yes- our new challenge!   we've been night weaned for a month or 2 now.  THANK GOD.  but lately we're struggling w/ getting more fluids in him and me.  nursing is between 3-5x a day, none at night.  i've never had mastitis or blocked ducts along the way w/ coming off of 1-2x a night.  no problems this time, for a few mornings i woke up ready to nurse, but even that isn't as tough these days.  though i'm always waking up w/ him these days and very happy to get some...