or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

thanks for the recommendation KellyBeth- i never found a sippy cup that worked for any of mine!  midwife came today and actually commented (as he nursed then before naptime) on how much milk i was still making after he gulped for a good 15 min     hoping he and i just went through a bug thing and are on the mend.   i've made it through before, just was worried that i couldn't supply all the liquid needs.  perhaps i just needed to drink a bit more!
right after birth. 2/10/2013, 8lbs5oz, 21 1/2 inches long (i think)   2/27 2014.  don't have updated stats!  but he did get much more handsome!  he started walking the week before his birthday.
ah yes- our new challenge!   we've been night weaned for a month or 2 now.  THANK GOD.  but lately we're struggling w/ getting more fluids in him and me.  nursing is between 3-5x a day, none at night.  i've never had mastitis or blocked ducts along the way w/ coming off of 1-2x a night.  no problems this time, for a few mornings i woke up ready to nurse, but even that isn't as tough these days.  though i'm always waking up w/ him these days and very happy to get some...
yeah- i have a SUPER social son.  we have kept homeschooling so far (he's 8) b/c he became very advanced in math and not so much reading.... but we make social activities a top priority.  sometimes more than school work b/c he does that so well.  He is so socially motivated that he often does all his workbook work in less than 1 hour each morning.  and this is not simple work.  he's just more motivated to be out w/ the rest of us and active (outside, library trips,...
hmmmmmm- i'm wondering if it's a coordination thing.  he spent yesterday naked in the sunshine dumping a sippy cup on his and my feet....   he hates the bottle, but i did get him to take it 2x for only about 2oz of liquid.  but he started rejecting it again.  water, milk, whatever liquid it is in a bottle he doesn't like it.   he will sip on water from a cup.  and we've been doing that.  but lately his independence has taken over so he won't let someone else HOLD the...
reviving this thread!!!!   any mama's still nursing?  how often?  how is it going?   my milk supply has dropped dramatically this last couple of weeks and we're facing the new challenge of HOW DO I GET OTHER FLUIDS INTO MY 14 MONTH OLD?   tried bottle w/ water, bottle w/ milk, sippy cup, regular cup, and as of yesterday seem to be finding some balance.  but he was slightly dehydrated (i was too) for about a week as we tried to figure this out.     add to that my...
lac i just hit this in the last 2 weeks.  every night, no matter how well i eat, i have gas that is beyond belief.  SO UNCOMFORTABLE and unsexy.  so i figured i've just hit that fat and blech phase, but then my husband was totally checking me out.  i forgot that he really finds the giant belly really sexy.  that helps b/c even though my butt is enormous (he likes that too) and my thighs all wacked out, and my breasts ridiculous, and i feel like a waddling whale, if he...
wow- what a thread!   i am gluten-free and have been since 2001.  i had the bloodwork done b/c my family/in-laws didn't believe i was actually allergic (sometime in 2003 i think, when i was already gluten-free but not safe from cross-contamination) but it was negative (to be expected).  BUT IF YOU CAN GET TESTED- do so.  just don't make any long-lasting judgements on a negative test. my grandmother is a diagnosed celiac, and i was SO SICK for years.  anemia, edema, no...
  sorry!  i have definitely had bursts of nausea throughout pregnancies, just not lingering or persistent.  carb cravings?  what does work for you?   my diet shifts SO MUCH over pregnancy.  first trimester was good clean paleo for me, now i'm way more carb heavy and even borderline vegan on some days.     agree that exhaustion can make me QUEASY.  i have to lay down a couple times a day and also take quiet time just to survive!  i was reading that laying down can...
my husband has been facing a similar thing, but it actually IS work stress over here.  or relationships in work stress.  add to that exhaustion from young children, a needy wife who can't keep up w/ basic daily chores and needs a LOT more from him each day when he gets home, and it's been challenging.  today he JUST got home after a 15 hour workday w/ travel- i had kids, mom friend visit time, and 2 hours of little league plus all the kitchen/housework before he got...