or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

^^^ yup- having a few here.  but been slightly dehydrated for a week now.  trying to drink more.  it's amazing how i can just go through the day and if i don't tell the kids to let me take care of myself, i'd never get to eat or drink ANYTHING!  i drank 3 quarts between bedtime and this morning and finally felt more hydrated.... then slacked off again during the day.     planning on doing that quart thing again until i get a better rhythm.   but it's added to...
 you    i'm actually so impressed you're processing all this now!  i think many women wait til AFTER birth (or in my case, after a few) to really realize what they lose in identity in becoming a mother- but they FEEL that loss.  they carry that mourning and sorrow and don't know how to process it and are scared to talk about it! thank you so much for your honesty, vulnerability and self-reflection that has given us this loverly jewel!
i need to find this guy here!!!   it's not easy to find someone local.    my husband's dr said there was no real difference in no-scalpel v/s scalpel but this sounds so undramatic!  i'm wondering if we should really find a clinic that specializes instead of just a urologist....
  i had a long discussion once w/ my FIL and he was SO REGRETFUL of circing his sons (and i was casually and flippantly pro-circ ) but i listened.  when i was pregnant, my husband was pro-circ.  we talked about it once or twice, and that was it.  so i laid off.  i was totally anti-circ at this point and it broke my heart.  but i just let it lie til the 7 month appt (first one my husband was in since our first u/s and interviewing midwives- also ended up at freestanding...
good plan.   i know it's hard in pregnancy to take it easy.  post-partum i have the same problem and often push my body beyond what i should.     i've done it in pregnancy too when i think i have to do more or just push through or something, and my body always forces me to slow down.  also i get bursts of intense creative/artistic energy and it's hard to channel it!   priorities- GROWING A BABY HERE!  lay down, eat something delicious, take a nap, and let me work!...
i second OtherSoul on this- w/ my first we had a few names, but never found out gender.  and i had a name that hit my heart and i loved but husband BANNED IT.  outright.  but after our son was born, he looked at him and quickly realized that all our names were for someone else.  and he went away and came back w/ a name NOT on our list and perfect.  including the name i loved as a middle name.  even as he's looking at the baby, he's saying 'This name is too girly, and kinda...
yup.  i think we've had that discussion too!!!   i don't keep up too well.  read an American Girls book to the girls, and had one less kid this afternoon.  but laundry didn't get done.  i did prune some trees.  and ate a dozen almond spice cookies.  then some egg drop soup w/ homemade stock i made last night, and some carrots and cucumber.  exercise fell off the radar this week too.   i always think 'there have to be other local moms who get this desperate feeling!  WHERE...
i just want to point out that my husband's response to my grumpiness and trying to communicate how tired i was was simply to repeat 'i know.  i'm tired too.' which just wasn't helping me..... 
thanks, lactating girl!     the night culminated w/ me sitting on the floor howling 'I'M TIRED!!!! I'M TIRED!!!!!' over and over again while weeping.  when pregnant, sometimes i just want my mommy.  or someone to put me to bed and take care of stuff.     i'm normally very energetic and level emotionally, even during pregnancy, but there was definitely extreme fatigue and a major hormone shift recently.  he took the next morning off to let me rest in a bit.  and he's...
certainly not the update i wanted!!!   hugs mama.   this has been a long crazy ride so far!  sounds like it's not gonna settle down just yet.