or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

My almost 2 year old napping.  she's so sweet when she's asleep.  right?     She calls him Ziggy.  Baby Ziggy, and sometimes Baby Ducky.  I like them all.       LOVE his little expressions.  he's spending much more time smiling and hanging out w/ people (he prefers his siblings to me when he's not hungry) than eating.  he's not nursing a whole lot- he tanks up and then goes off into the world.  already.
oh man, i feel both you ladies.    after one, i knew we'd be having more.  and up until this one, i knew we weren't done.  but this is the first time i've felt ready to be done.  husband isn't sure, i'm not 100% (by around 6 months i'm ready for the next one, if the past says anything) but we're also just looking at the practical side.  5 kids can fit in an average minivan.  i don't feel like 5 is a lot, while six makes my head spin!  i don't want to spend another...
as long as i'm walking, my guy likes the ring sling.  but tried nursing while standing today and he was having NONE OF IT!  he does not like to have his head covered and be totally warm when nursing.  he is used to me sitting on a couch or laying down to nurse him.  thankfully, he usually drops off the sleep out of boredom if i don't nurse him 'properly'   the sweater was wrapped tightly around like a robe, then just tied the scarf under his bum/legs.  he's probably...
congrats owlhowl!!!   i've had 2 surprises that were hard at first, but i'm so blessed by them.  here's for a real joy now and for the next season!
he's so handsome!  LOVE the little bald man head.   Teles- nice mobile!  i've never managed to think and have one, thank goodness for older siblings constantly dangling things over new baby's head.    a slightly more dangerous mobile!
pics please!  whatever tie you used is amazing!   all my babies liked to be carried, i just had to figure out which style worked for them. extroverts upright and facing out.  introverts more side lying and able to bury their heads in my armpit or bosom.  my african mother friends did the bedsheet or blanket on back all the time.  i love when they're strong enough to go on my back.  otherwise, i can only do the ring sling this early.  though this guy has been wrapped up in...
oh mama!!!!   i'm pretty anti meds, and scared of side effects, but thank goodness for antibiotics!  these are the rare situations where i really see the application and would use them.  and i treat everything w/ cod liver oil.     i'd actually reach out and ask those around you to pray for your little one and help support her in that way so whatever you do next she's got people's hearts reaching out to her.  you can only do so much.  double check w/ your doc,...
fun  to follow- thought i'd weigh in...   i thought this baby was a boy b/c my hair didn't get any thicker.  w/ my girls, my hair seriously got thick and shiny and mad pretty, but then started shedding after birth.  w/ both my boys, my hair never got thicker, but it never really shed too badly either.  so at this point, my hair is the same as it was pre-pregnancy, and all pregnancy, and it's not prettier, but i'm so glad i'm not leaving enough hair around the house...
  so happy it's resolved and you're both home and healing. 
oh!  blessings and healing soon!  hope they resolve this very soon!!!