or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

http://www.contemporaryartindonesia.com/artistic-coincidences/hugo-chavez-and-breastfeeding-mom_2/   if only we could do it like this in front of our politicians, let alone everyone else!  to me there is nothing indecent about having a baby on the breast like this, but i sure would be uncomfortable doing it myself w/ that many people around!   i totally go through the top of the shirt more often than under. i prefer v-necked and lower necked loose clothing that...
i'm not a super modest person, but was shocked at how uncomfortable NIP made me w/ my first.  i also needed to get the entire giant breast out and it never seemed to stay decent.  i became a pro at the maya wrap, and got comfortable nursing everywhere w/ a sling for a cover, but was always SO GRATEFUL to sit next to the mom w/ her entire breast hanging out so that i seemed less conspicuous...  i still get awkward, but have the big sweater thing down.  and i often leave...
never used a paci.  one thumb sucker and the rest just nursed and never needed anything else.  i tried (my mother really REALLY tried) to get all of them to take pacis. they never took.  and now i don't see myself even trying.  i wear clothes that are easy to move and have my life based around being able to whip a breast out if he needs comfort or food, and i'm comfortable letting him grump a bit if he's just in between hungry/tired/wet and not settling.     so, no...
oh- but from 6am til bedtime, my co-sleeper only wants the bouncy seat, sling or my arms.  daytime is NOT time for bed for him.  unless i'm sleeping too.  as if!
i had 3 babies who just couldn't cosleep.  bassinet was the solution.  i really really felt like i was failing w/ my first b/c my co-sleeping dreams were so effectively crushed by his almost complete inability to stop being a wriggle worm and actually rest in bed.  but then number 2 co-slept for 8 months, then got booted out to a moses basket when she spent more of the night attacking us than sleeping.  number 3 was angry at the attempt (she was a thumb-sucker and slept...
        talking and smirking- he's got SMILING down to an art form, and i work hard and would do ANYTHING to get that smile!  he's so amazing right now.  his sister wanted me to take that last pic of her bouncing her brother for me so i could putter online for 10 min.   off to play settlers of catan w/ a 7 and 5 year old!   odinsmama- sad but true!  i remember those moments and thankfully am not having one right now!  somehow, i always...
buko- i had 2 that spit up.  and 3 that didn't.  i don't think breastfeeding is the biggest part- they really had phases when they spit up a bunch more.  i think that it was related to expanding their bellies- they'd take in more than they could handle when they were expanding their tiny tummies, but sometimes a bit too much and it would come up.  we even had some projectile spit up if the breasts decided to let down too much.  both gained well, and it wasn't bad, i just...
we just seem to have mostly come out of the fussy phase.  thankfully, since hubby is gone for 8 days.  he took the 2 and 3 year old, and the little man and i are hashing out nights.  i've got to read what Buko posted, but suspect i might already have an inkling.  my son doesn't know he's not a part of me yet.  at all.  so what he wants, i better want or know, or else he gets very mad at me- trembling lip, big square-mouthed cry, and crocodile tears.  at 9pm, he starts...
So true!!!  the pumps just can't do nearly what these amazing little suckers can.  i loved tandem nursing b/c no one can get an engorged breast back to normal (or a backed up duct) like a hungry toddler!  but the newborn suckle is crazy intense!   LOL!!!  this was brilliant!  my first was in the NICU, and he used to do this, especially at his 3am feeding (he'd never do the 1am feeding, so was ravenous by the 3am) and i was the only parent at Boston Children's NICU w/ a...