or Connect

Posts by HouseofPeace

we also say Yo-ha-nna!!!  husband told me that we WEREN'T spelling it w/ an I (my first choice- Greek Ioanna) as it was both pretentious and proved i was overeducated.  so we spelled J and say Yo, except for Josie/Jo/Jojo!  I love that name!!!!  hoping yours is a saucy sweet little critter too.  our Jo is STRONG and intense and we joke we named her Grace (her middle name too) cause we needed a double scoop of grace just to handle her!   as for Machen, my first thought...
fascinating!  i didn't ovulate for YEARS until i got my health figured out.  (that's how i chose my profession- not b/c i've always been healthy but because i had so much healing in my life!  i had to share it!)  i was deficient in everything- but obviously not anymore!  as for ferning and mucus- i have 2-3 weeks per cycle of fertility quality mucus.  yeah.  that's fun.    and apparently it's really truly effective.   but i didn't do any single tests or supplements, but...
wish i took more pics of them interacting.  he feeds her under his high chair, and when he's done eating, she cleans up.  she'll also sit patiently if he sneaks into her dog bowl (oh, wait, that shouldn't happen ) and often they eat side by side down there.  5 seconds after i took this pic he threw down his roll hoping she might eat it.  she is the PICKIEST eater ever, so she didn't.  another amazingly wonderful feature about this strange mutt. throwing in dog and kid...
AWESOME book!  i share it w/ all my clients and most of my friends (pregnant or not! )  just cause it's so real- and most women aren't approaching their health from a standpoint of nutrition.  so key! lol on the landlord! i have just taken the shifts in people w/ a big laugh these days.  our landlord just offered to renew our lease for slightly less than last year.  AND is going to contribute money to my husband's non-profit.  this is after 2 trying years of sometimes...
texas!!!   hey- i picked up my mutt from the shelter in Santa Fe, NM.  totally affordable and wonderful.  but yeah- moving and life might just keep you busy for a while!!!   keep us posted on travels, details, and midwife!  wow.  what a transition.  southwest or southeast texas?  very different cultures!  
i named my 4th after her dad- kinda.  when she was born she just begged to be called Josie.  (ha!  NOT josephine, though we joked about naming her after her 2 uncles as Josephine Glenda) and my husband is a John name- so we named her Johanna.  and call her Josie, and Jo, and Jojo.  mostly Josie and Jo.  and i like that my husband has one named after him, even if she is long-lashed and sassy as all get-out!  but that said, we're considering naming this one after me.  not...
soon- yesterday was one of those BUMP/FLIP/WHOP/WHUMP/WIGGLE days. and then sometimes i have to lay down quietly and wait to feel even a quiver.  i've been wondering the same thing!!!   but soon!  i can tell it's gonna be soon and i think by 24 weeks it's that daily wiggle.  i don't remember them ever saying before 6 months to note movement.  but i do remember by 7 months they're talking about it.  so it would seem between 24 and 28 weeks we can expect the daily patterns...
bwahaha!!!  won't work for me, but this was GREAT!  i love H&M dresses and shirts and wear them til they're sheer and bleach stained!  just got 2 boxes of maternity clothes from my SIL so have shirts to last forever.  just need a maxi dress to wear every day in the summer and i'm set! and LOVE that bump!  i was looking at mine today (holy cannolli, it's 18 weeks!  i was like 19!  wow!  oh, wait.....) and it's definitely the point of no return!!!
THANK YOU!!! yeah- i'm usually really cheerful and resilient and can do it all.  i think my introverted side was deprived this week and i woke up DONE.  caffeine couldn't fix it, pretty much a day in bed w/ Netflix was the only solution and it wasn't an option!  ended up taking a snuggle w/ my 3 year old and she fell asleep in 15 min holding my hand and after that i felt so much better. which was good b/c we had guests til 10:30pm.  and a full day today!  we need to...