or Connect

Posts by Beebsmom

We love our Tool Shop brand dremel for toenails.  We got it at Menards for like $24 and it has 2 batteries, charger, and tons of sanding pads, etc. They make the nails so nice...and I do nails every other weekend because I can't stand long nails.  Otherwise, a good idea would be to call your local community college that has a vet tech program and see if you can put a WANT ad up.  A lot of times they have poor college students who will come to your house and do it for you...
You are exactly in the SAME place we are right now.  We have a mtg, could use some new cars (ours aren't bad...but to keep up with the Joneses), and we have 2 credit cards, etc etc.  That hardest thing is that DH is a Structural Engineer and makes good money...but since I work from home I don't make too much money.  Other people he works with are really wealthy b/c their spouses make lots and they have bigger fancier houses...so we always feel a little poor white trash...
UPDATE:   Things are going MUCH better. I had DH take care of Aiden ALL weekend all by himself while I worked downstairs in the basement.  I still did Aidens bath time in the evening and obviously came up to play with him occasionally...but DH was totally wiped out and realized I can't do everything while caring for Aiden.   1 Step in a very long process...but I think it's progress!
I do agree with this...I've never been one to really be still, sit down too much or be lazy...but if you want to be...then you have that right.  My husband on the other hand just says mean things even when I AM buzzing all around the house busy!  But I agree...I would never justify that what I was doing was wrong!    
I switched Aiden at 10 months.  We use the nuk learner cup.  It is super duper like a bottle...silicone nipple and everything.  He is 13 months now and still really doesn't  "get" the hard sippy cup idea....so these work great. They're soft like a silicone nipple and they really really aren't hard to transition to...I just got him used to them in the daytime while eating and with ice water in them when he was teething and he naturally preferred them better within a...
A friend of mine allows her 20 month old to eat basically anything for breakfast and lunch ( like wheat, eggs, dairy etc)...but for dinner she does a VERY gentle diet and has her son sleeping beautifully through the night.  It definitely could be food.  Can you try pretty safe non-irritating foods for dinner for a while and see if that helps?  Maybe something is digesting funny and waking your LO up?
My Aiden-bean is almost 13 months old now, and he has ALWAYS had a blanket.  I also sew my own fleece sheets, and the blanket he sleeps with is 2-ply fleece.  He wears cotton long sleeved footy pajamas only because the fleece sheet and blanket.  I only let him use a blanket because he has always loved sleeping in one as we co-slept with one from the start and we've never had any tangling issues.  He just these past weeks started sleeping with a little pillow...and all...
I'm thinking that is the way we are going to go.  He is back on formula to get his gut calmed down...and alas...no sewer-butt! LOL. I grew up drinking milk from our farm and only switched to drinking 2% when I went to college and that is what my dorm-mates were drinking.  I am going to look tomorrow online for farms closest to us, and try switching him gradually to raw about 1-2 ounces per sippy cup and see how that works. Thanks!  I should have just gone back to basics...
It totally killed me when Aiden slept SOOO good in his arm's reach co-sleeper but NOT good with me at night.  We moved him to a crib in our room around 3 months and he loves to sprawl out and just totally relax....he does not sleep well at all with us. No matter how cool it is he gets sweaty with us...and he wakes up ALL the time if he rolls into us. It broke my heart! LOL Aiden slept on me for nap time in our recliner up until this past month...so for about 11 months...
Thanks caedenmomma....I really do hope that trying to work hard at our marriage, getting advice from everywhere I can possible and trying to make it work can help Aiden and not hurt him.  He's totally worth it, and you are right...DH has no intentions of EVER going to counseling.  I'm planning on this weekend having a nice picnic at a park with just the three of us and telling DH how much he means to me and how important it is to work on things.  Tonight we had a good...