or Connect

Posts by dear abbey

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Holding you in the Light.
Hi, all...I'm Abbey. I'm due in early August with my fourth baby. We had a loss in October, so I'm feeling cautious but hopeful. I'm a writer, a runner and SAHM to my 5 yo son and 2 yo twin daughters. We are in our 1st year of homeschooling. Nice to meet you all!
I'm also having #4. I have a 5 yo and 2 yo twins. When I told my mom, she said, "I just don't know why anyone would want to DO that." :-) Friends have been supportive, so that's nice!
I'm incredibly sad to have to leave this group before getting to know you all. We lost our little one today (before I even had very long to dream about him or her). Best to each of you on your journeys- you'll be in my thoughts.
@ResearchParent lol! That is awesome.
I haven't called them yet. Usually my midwives like to see people around 8 weeks for a first visit and then start regular visits around 12 weeks. Since I have a history of multiples, though, I suspect they will want me to come earlier "just to check" with an ultrasound, At this point, if it is twins, I don't feel ready to know. :-)
Oh, all of my pants feel too tight, too! I want to live in pajama bottoms right now. No solutions, but I feel your pain. :-)
I'm sorry you're dealing with this...the info on it when you Google can be scary. I had multiple SCH when I was pregnant with my twins. (I had some bleeding and thought I was miscarrying, which is why they did the u/s that discovered it was twins.) It was around 7-8 weeks, and it resolved on its own. Everything turned out just fine. My girls are two years old now- nothing bad happened from the SCH. Good luck- I'll be thinking of you!
I would love to know how to make homemade ginger ale. I'm only a teeny bit nauseous yet, but I had it pretty severely with my other pregnancies...I feel like I should prepare for the worst. :-) As optimistically as possible, of course!
With my first (singleton), I ran (slowly!) into middle of 2nd tri. With the twins, I changed to walking by 8 weeks (and ended up on bed rest at 22 weeks...not related to running, but then I couldn't do anything). I'm so hoping for a less remarkable journey this time. I've heard you can keep going at the level of training you were doing before becoming pregnant. Since my longest run is this weekend, I should be ok...I hope.