or Connect

Posts by olivesmama

1. You feel like you're fluent in ASL because you can carry on conversations in sign language with you 21 month old. Mind you, the convos are usually like this; "Where ball?" "Ball hiding!" "Here ball!" "Catch!"   2. Waiting for food in a restaurant, you'd think nothing of discussing a decorative pig collection over someone else's table, just to avoid a tantrum. (From a respectable distance of 5 feet, of course.)   3. You have a permanent fort in your living room...
awww you don't lose you natural mama card just 'cause you can't use cloth diapers! there's so many more aspects to it than just that. i'd still like to get together with mamas but i've literally been traveling around and visiting family for like a month and a half. summer is a busy time! i should be back in town by the beginning of next week. and then i'm free as a bird until the end of july. hopefully!! does anyone know of anything fun happening at the cameron park...
thaaanks. for some reason i didn't get an email saying this thread was updated but i finally checked back! hopefully i can get a few packages together this week! i'll post them as soon as i can!
"not so relaxing retirement"... i'll say!!
yeah the ONLY downside to rats for me is their little boy bits, and the fact that apparently they dribble pee all over. my sugar gliders did that too... but i loved them so much that i didn't care. maybe i'll feel the same about rats. but. balls? i heard the guys are more friendly and playful though, and i can get them neutered. i read that that can help prevent cancer too. hmm.   i love you story about taking the rat to school! i used to work at this upscale...
i've thought about guinea pigs.. i had one when i was a kid, and i looooved him to death, but i feel like he was usually pretty active at night and lazy during the day. and i mean really active at night. he'd whistle all night long hoping for someone to get up and play with him!   i think i might be in love with rats about now. I've been looking online on how to make rat cages diy style, and i'm pretty sure I've already got one planned out. now i just have to be...
woah! thanks for the tip on bunnies! it would have been awful to get a rabbit and then have to get rid of it immediately!
my daughter is 1.5 years old and LOVES animals. we used to have a roommate that had two kitties, and Olive was very gentle and loved to play with them, so i trust her to be gentle with whatever we choose to get. I want a pet that isn't too timid or delicate though, because she has a tendency to get reeeeally excited to play, and she loooved giving Dude the kitty some hugs. I also can't have dogs or cats, because my sis is allergic, so I've mainly been thinking about rats...
oooh dang i wish i could go to that! olive would love the animals! i'm running a stand at the ho-chunk pow wow in black river falls that weekend though. maybe they'll have some later in the year...
ps, i'm in for the children's museum when i have some extra monies, but for now, its free fun for us.