or Connect

Posts by reyasunshine

I thought I had decided on a Britax Boulevard or Marathon, but then I read that it's not the best for tall, skinny children to stay rear-facing longer. So, that's now out. Here's what I want: 1. Able to fit in our 2010 Ford Focus and our 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. (I currently drive the Focus, but if the seat we choose only fits in the Jeep, I'll just drive the Jeep, and hubby can drive the Focus. I'll be getting a van or SUV in a couple years anyway...) 2. Able to...
Thank you all so much! I feel so much more confident now. AND... I just found out a friend of mine (home-birthing, cloth-diapering Mama, like me) kept her son's penis intact too. I'm so glad I'll have her support through this... *if* we end up having a boy. ;-)   Thank you again!   p.s. Hakunangovi, I wish my sister wouldn't give in to her husband's bullying either, but she always tells me, "I have to pick my battles with him." He is... well, he's very stubborn...
Thank you all so much! I do love doing research, and I try to read everything I can on any one topic. So I *will* continue to research on proper care and what is normal.... if a problem does arrive in the future. :-)   And not sure about our doctor yet and her stance. But I chose her because of her "natural" vs medical (intervention and such) approach to practicing medicine. I really am not worried about that, so that's nice. :-)   Thank you again! 
We're having a surprise. My sister is having a boy, her first boy after three girls. (We're both due at the end of July.)   Her husband wants their son circumcised for the sole reason that he (himself) is circumcised, and it would make him feel "uncomfortable" (his words) for their son to be intact. (I think this is lame, but that is irrelevant.) She was undecided before he "put his foot down," I suppose. She and I have talked about it quite a bit.    I stated it...
I love classic names! I think they sound great! :-)
I think Gwendolyn Elizabeth is lovely!! Here are some other options if he wants an "E" name:   Gwendolyn Elise Gwendolyn Elisa Gwendolyn Eloise (ell-oh-weez) Gwendolyn Edina (eh-deen-uh) Gwendolyn Eileen Gwendolyn Ellery Gwendolyn Elaine Gwendolyn Eve Gwendolyn Eva (you can pronounce this ee-va or ay-va even!) Gwendolyn Elicia Gwendolyn Emilia Gwendolyn Estelle Gwendolyn Estella Gwendolyn Esther    
Have you ever seen this blog? http://www.stephaniehowell.typepad.com/   She is an army wife with four daughters, aged 4 and under. (She birthed their second without her husband.) You should TOTALLY email her! She's a friend of mine, and she's just so sweet and supportive and encouraging.    Hang in there! Try to focus on the thought of watching your husband with your little one... how wonderful that will be! It will be even a better homecoming with that little...
Thank you so much for posting this! We do have a high deductible, so we have to pay a bunch out of pocket anyway, but if they don't consider what I'm paying to be part of the deductible, I will need to write a letter. Thanks again! :-D
The *top* half of my belly button has "popped," the bottom half is still an innie. LOL. Pretty funny. :-p    And LovelyLisa, it is a bit sore if I push on it! LOL.    I think it's weird that I can see it through my clothes... even if I'm wearing several layers. That kinda freaks me out. So be lucky, Ladies, that you don't have that goin on! ;-)
We *are* having a surprise. :) We're really excited about that too. :D   I hear you on the new underwear/bra buying! I did go from sm to med already for underwear, and some of those (the hiphuggers) are getting a bit snug. I'm hoping the med bikinis last me though. And I did buy three new bras. I'm able to wear two of my older sports bras still. I've gone from a 32B/C to a 34C, so I'm sure I'll grow a bit more when the baby is born. Hopefully, I'll be good on bras...